Reasons to join Ozzu

• Bot5
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Deep Space

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have been a member for approximately 4 days and received 3 warnings and been accused of spamming my site i joined because i considered you guys would welcome a out sider who has little experience yet has a thirst for knowledge. i am now thinking its like walking on egg shells and not shaw to continue posting , thats a little sad guys maybe you get a lot of people on here spamming there sites for reviews,but you cant always and shuldent judge a book by its cover
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Erm, believe me if you have received 3 warnings in 4 days, its for a reason, OZZU and the mods here are some of the easiest going I have ever come across on any wed related forum! I almost got banned from another site for saying hello to another member (no joke). I've also had some times here at OZZU where I have thought damn I should have been banned or warned for that, and I haven't been.

Surely you know what spam is, so don't do it and you won't get warned!
  • Bot5
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

that was my point it was not spam i genuinely wanted my site reviewed i have worked hard on it and wanted peoples opinion, and the other warning i got was was just a question i asked on link counts i have no idea why i would have that removed
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just don't post your link in any posts you make and you should be fine. Seriously there are many new members who signup to only advertise their website. You probably are not one of those, but rules are rules.

If for some reason you really need to post your link, then tell them they can ask for it via PM in your post -- that way you aren't going to get accused for spamming, and you can still get the help you need.

I hope you can understand from out point, spammers have ruined it for the others. An example of this is where we started allowing members to ask for information on where a good free host is. Eventually the spam got out of control on it because one new member after the other started posting things really to advertise their own websites where they offered free hosting.

It is nothing personal against you so please do not take it that way. We welcome all members and if you are ever confused on if something is allowed you are welcome to PM me or any online moderator. Sometimes all of these strict rules can seem overwhelming for new members such as yourself, but its one of those things that really helps the content here stay higher quality in the long run (instead of having thousands of members only posting to get their links shown).
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

By the way you are allowed to put your link in your signature. You can do that by clicking on the Control Panel link on the top of the screen and then editing your profile (which you can access on the top right menu at that point)
  • Bot5
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

If i asked someone why i only got 2 alexa links when i have 100,000 google links how is that promoting or spamming my site i put the link there because with out it how would any one be able to comment on it?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can either tell them to use the link in your signature, or to PM you and ask for it if they want to help.

I would have been able to answer that question without your link by the way. It was not necessary. Ozzu has thousands and thousands of links on google, yet only a few hundred on Alexa which has been the same for years. They simply do not update their links.
  • Bot5
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok guys i will no longer use my link i still think its a lttle strange that i come to a community to discuss mine and other web sites and we all have to say have you seen that site shhhhhhhhhhh dont mention the link.com or you get a warning. but if those are your rules then i guess if i want to stay it will have to be mums the word.
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think your taking what bigweb said the wrong way. Being a new member, IE: We do not know you, if you are constantly posting links, is going to be seen one way, for older members (which you will become if you stick around) the mods tend to over look it because we have proved ourselves as solid members, and have contributed to this place alot. Like bigweb said, its not personal, its just a matter of proving you are genuine, and not just here to promote yourself to anyone you can.
  • Bot5
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok guys time will tell i have not much to promote or spam only the want to share what i have produced with you guys and to shot the breez. i hope to be around for a while my posting was not meant to be promoting i thought that was the idea, to post it is a catch 22 you mention you guys don't know us but if we don't post how would you get to know us, i would like to be accepted so i best not make to many waves

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts