Regarding NoFollow tag for Backlinks

• ezest
  • ezest
  • Loc: Pune, India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello, I would like to ask why NoFollow tag for Backlinks is used for this forum. This really demotivates SEO and Webmasters to put up thier messages on this forum. My sincere suggestion, by giving chance to increase backlinks for users of this forum, you will increase popularity of same.

Best regards,
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have yet to see a time when Ozzu is struggling with some decent contribution. The amount of frequent and new visitors here is no less than it would be on any other popular site, so to say that disallowing Backlinks is affecting the participation from certain members is not really true.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

No offense, but this is precisely one reason Google decided to come up with the rel="nofollow" code - To prevent bloggers and forum participants like yourself from boosting their backlinks by simply posting. The purpose of backlinks is to get "votes" from other websites that link to you because your website is good. Not just because you are making posts (and basically voting for yourself everytime you get a backlink).

The goal of this forum is to have people help each other with problems, not so that members can spam their websites to get more backlinks to help them with SEO purposes. Secondly if there was motivation to post to obtain backlinks, the post quality would go down and the post quantity would go up so that links were spammed more. This is not what Ozzu wants, that would make this place not very helpful.

If that is what you are solely looking for, than I would suggest you find another forum. If, however, you are seeking advice or are willing to help others in need of help then Ozzu would be the place for you. It can be very rewarding helping others.
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Echoing what Bigwebmaster says, Ozzu is more concerned with quality than quantity, hence the tag ;)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

*lol, I'd probably get blacklisted if all my signature links counted as backlinks *grins.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Found a couple good articles on why phpbb forum owners should use the nofollow

http://blogs.webpronews.com/2006/11/07/ ... -nofollow/
http://onlinemarketingreport.blogspot.com/
  • bebsie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bebsie
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
This really demotivates SEO and Webmasters to put up thier messages on this forum

i don't think this is true. Among the forums that i have visited this past few weeks, i find ozzu to have the most posts each day from different users. i love this site... i actually learn a lot from the forums.

it's no.1 on my bookmarks and on google search!
  • amitpatel_3001
  • amitpatel_3001

Post 3+ Months Ago

You know guys other day i went to a blackhat forum for the first time and guess what i found there?
I found that they where sharing phpbb, vbulleting and wordpress comment spamming softwares.
Damn when will they learn that they will be anyway deleted :(

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts