Removing Notifications

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a little suggestions to make browsing experience a little bit faster here.

How about removing notifications? I mean those notifications after you log-in/out and after posting? It's not like they're much trouble, just for those who's internet connection is slow and/or don't want to wait 3+ seconds to be redirected...

All those notifications do is say 'You successfully logged in/out' or 'Post submitted successfully'. Sometimes my computer get's so slow, it takes 2 minutes to load a page :x (It's not a problem of sites or servers... I have a bad computer).

Just a little feature request.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Gab
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Gab

Post 3+ Months Ago

a good feature, hope it plays a important role in improving the performance as well
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hope it works...

And the way it works right now... it simply redirects me to a page to simply redirect me to my post in basically 0 seconds... why not remove that altogether? Gets kind of disorienting for a moment.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey wrote:
Hope it works...

And the way it works right now... it simply redirects me to a page to simply redirect me to my post in basically 0 seconds... why not remove that altogether? Gets kind of disorienting for a moment.

Bigwebmaster has mentioned elswhere that he is looking into giving the user the option on whether to have this feature removed altogether or to set a certaim amount of seconds for it to display.

I quite like having it, but agree at the moment it is too quick and kinda annoying.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

This will be something addressed in the future as SB mentioned.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alright... that sounds good. Going to wait for that update :)

I like the current version of Ozzu, and I hear it's going to get even better :)
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
Bogey wrote:
Hope it works...

Bigwebmaster has mentioned elswhere that he is looking into giving the user the option on whether to have this feature removed altogether or to set a certaim amount of seconds for it to display.

I quite like having it, but agree at the moment it is too quick and kinda annoying.

Well... I already did half of that on my mod... all you have to do is install the control panel to the ucp rather than to the acp and add the timing thing in... might need a few more modifications...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts