Scripts Forum

• Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

How about a forum for where people can post scripts they have created, that others can use? I personally think it's a good idea, and might be useful. What do you guys think?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Perfectly acceptable to post those in the existing programming board. Thing is most people don't think of posting unless they have a problem. But it's quite acceptable to post stuff like that there as well. I think the thing is, most people aren't going to be overly willing to give out their source code in a forum like that unless they intend for it to be open source.

You can go through the entire programming board right now and I can guarantee you you won't find a post where somebody says, "hey, here's this cool script I wrote - you can have it for free".
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

If ozzu is still thinking about implimenting the articles/tutorials section of the site it would be cool to have a section in there for scripts or code snippets.

I agree that not many people will be willing to give away entire scripts for free unless they have already released in under the GPL. But a section for code snippets would be handy.
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I guess that's true and indeed very good points.
  • pramitroy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • pramitroy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good point for the interested but may not be for others. I think better is to create a programming competition. That will bring out most of the good and useful ones.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts