Search Time Error

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

What is the reason for the error message that says I can't make another search so soon in Ozzu?
For example, if I click on View Unanswered Posts and then click on View Your Posts, I might get that error message if a certain amount of time doesn't pass.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I get that now & then, usually when I do I'm running around trying to do 10 things at once & it reminds me to calm down & do one thing at a time. :)

It basicly limits the effect of someone or somthing constantly running searches for the sole purpose of spiking the load on the server.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

There has to be a better way to protect the server. It's really quite annoying and I've never seen it anywhere else.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

It not only applies to the searches but also posting - albeit less notable on posting (most often seen when editing your post). In addition to protecting the load, primarily it reduces potential for board flooders posting repetative back to back spam posts. If I recall the timeout is only 60 seconds (not too bad) or until somebody else posts after you - whichever comes first.

As added protection against board flooding you also cannot make consecutive back to back posts with exactly the same content.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts