Security Issues Forum

• katana
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,
I was reading a news article on CNET about cross site scripting, when I realized that Ozzu doesn't really have anywhere to discuss issues related to website security etc (not in the sense of permissions etc). Obviously issues relating to code injection are the responsibility of the website designer and not the network admin, so I guess it is a feasible subject to have a forum on. The subject matter could range from how attacks are made, how to protect your site from them, and general Q&A relating to security matters.
I was just wondering what the general opinion was on the subject.

Cheers,
K.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Speaking only for myself, I like this suggestion. When I'm writing server side programs, I'm always concerned that I'll leave a hole, because I'm just not sure what all can be exploited and how to avoid bad coding.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah, but it's basically programming and coding you're after. So wouldn't that already be covered in that forum?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have to admit, topics about it are very seldom brought up. In fact, the only ones I can really recall are just tips about recently discovered exploits. I suppose you have a point though UNFLUX. It is all related to the programming boards purpose. It just seldom comes up.
  • katana
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I guess I agree with you guys: most of it is to do with programming, and it very rarely comes up. I just thought it would be good to have a place to discuss how attacks are made (not necessarily a "how-to") as well as how to stop them.
I suppose even a "sticky" thread would do the job though.

Cheers.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts