Self-Split Posts

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a suggestions about posts which are bigger then allowed. What I mean by this is once I made a tutorial which, when parsed, reaches the allowed allocated bytes and leaves that error showing that it has put in too many bytes to process the script and just ended it. If I don't make myself clear, I'm sorry... not sure how to explain it.

Anyway, I wonder if it is possible to have the forum split posts that reach 'x' number of bytes into two portions or 'x' number of portions depending on how many bytes is in the entire post.

This way, it will look like the poster made like 2-x posts when the poster really made 1 post.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think I remember this happening to you before, has it happened multiple times for you? I am thinking most people on the forum never encounter this problem.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
I think I remember this happening to you before, has it happened multiple times for you? I am thinking most people on the forum never encounter this problem.
Not really... that only happened to me once when I was making that tutorial about SMTP things. Just made the suggestions as it would be kind of convenient when making a lengthy tutorial like that...

I'm thinking about making a tutorial which, I guess, would classify as a multi-part tutorial but if I get it into one huge post it would be nice, better even, if it splits it into multiple posts within one thread. When I make my tutorials I type it up in Notepad and when I'm done I copy/paste it here.

But this is of very minute priority as it probably would never happen to anybody again... just that I get a little over-active when I get into my tutorials :lol:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts