Software Spec in Profile

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's great that we can fill out a bit about ourself in our Profiles, however one bit of information i'd love to know about alot of users here is the current computer software they are using for various things.

I'm bringing this up because for example in the Digital Design forums when people post asking for help on Photoshop for example it's sometimes not as easy to give the advice without knowing which version of the software they are using. Photoshop CS3 is pretty different to most older versions of the software, the menu options have shuffled around a bit and there are also newer and easier ways in which to do things that you couldn't do in older versions of the software.

I was thinking more for saving time we could have the option in profiles where users can share which Software spec they are using so it's just as easy as viewing the profile to have an idea on what kind of reply can be left. It saves from all the "which version of x software are you using" type of questions.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

What happens when answers are given based on what's in the profile, then someone reads it later after the member has upgraded their software and changed their profile ?
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think just having there at least gives the person answering any questions an idea what software it's likely to be. Having something is better than having nothing, at least i think so.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I added this and many new profile fields to everyone's profile as you can see here:

http://www.ozzu.com/member/Bigwebmaster
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Excellent. Thank you.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts