solved post image

• UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

this is hard to explain
the image you see next the the topic (the colored check mark)
could you add a way for mods to make the topic as problem solved
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Without adding a whole new category, you could change the locked icon, and simply lock the thread each time it's solved. You don't really want input after the problem is solved anyways, do you? If you do, then you'll have to implement a whole new category called solved & assign it the new icon, including the capability for admins to assign this state, the forums ability to display this state, etc.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

We don't want to lock solved threads. There are too many times when guests find that particular thread months, years, from now (via search engines or whatever other links they may follow) and need to ask an additional question relative to the content. We leave it up to the original poster to edit the subject content to indicate if it was solved. Some do some don't. There are too many to monitor. But locking solved threads would hamper the overall purpose of OZZU.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bleh, I wasn't paying attention to the topic Sug/Com...I was answering under the impression that cowkiller was modding his _own_ forum. My apologies.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

i dont mean to lock the topics just a little image that would replace the checkmark in the box to maybe a green one
that way people could still post if they have any other problems
  • Mas Sehguh
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sometimes people think their question is "solved" when really the given solution is incorrect, so locking would definitely be a bad idea.

I think this feature would be too little used to be worth adding. Take a look at http://daniweb.com/techtalkforums/forum8.html, for instance. They have a feature for marking topics as "solved," but only one topic in the list was marked as such.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

On the other hand, making a robust icon would enable it to be used under job postings when someone has been found to fill the position, or enough people have applied to invoke a response, which is often the case.
  • TI3STO
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • TI3STO
  • Loc: England, UK.. West Yorkshire.

Post 3+ Months Ago

A forum i visit doesnt have a specific icon for solved issues and doesnt lock solved issues either, what they do is add an [S] next to the topic title, for "Solved".

It works pretty good there.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

i mean that could work aswell
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

TI3STO wrote:
A forum i visit doesnt have a specific icon for solved issues and doesnt lock solved issues either, what they do is add an [S] next to the topic title, for "Solved".

It works pretty good there.

I have no idea why someone would want to have a 'solved' on the topic, because quite often we have someone later come along who has the same problem and will often continue the conversation in the same topic if they need more assistance than what was posted above.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

but if someone comes with the same problem they will know that the problem has bin fixed and thay can use that topic to fix there problem

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts