Something wrong with Ozzu running on mobile network

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use an HTC One X+ and when I get on Ozzu using a mobile network (AT&T HSPA+) I'm forced to log-in twice, and in a certain order in order for me to actually log in to Ozzu. I have to click the log-in button in the Main Menu above, and then I'm supposed to click on "View your posts" link that I have favorited which leads me to a log in page since I'm already logged out.

At first I thought it must be my phone and so I never posted anything here about it (especially since I just about never get on here on my mobile phone), but at the moment, my WiFi is down and doesn't work, so I connected my laptop to my phone's internet (turned on hotspot on my phone) and tried accessing Ozzu. Had to go through the same procedure to log in here as I do on my phone. That is weird.

It doesn't happen if I use my DSL WiFi, but it does if I'm on a mobile network... not sure if I'm the only one.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wonder if when you are on your mobile network, if your IP address changes much? I do know that the sessions will invalidate if your IP address changes. If you get some time you might record your IP address when you login, and then the next time it forces you to login again, see if your IP address changes again.

If that is the case, then I would wonder how much this happens, and if maybe using IP addresses for session validation does more harm than good.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I checked on this the other day and my IP doesn't change. For some reason after I login the first time it logs me out when I click on another page (unless I go to a member only area which sends me to a login form) and only after that form does it actually logs me in.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts