SPAM thread

• natas
  • PHP Ninja
  • Proficient
  • natas
  • Loc: AFK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Another forum i frequent has a "SPAM" thread to which all the admins/mods frequently check (or maybe they get automatically updated when the thread is responded to).

They seem to think this works great so I thought I'd give it a mention here. I know we have one in the "Special Teams: Web Reviews" forum, but not everyone has access to that - so users like me who hate reading a new thread just to see SPAM but aren't on special teams, can't report incidents.

Or maybe the current way of doing things is working well. I've noticed less SPAM than I did when I frequented here before.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

The "Report Post" link (which everyone has access to use) on every post is probably the fastest way to have a moderator delete spam because on every moderator's screen a box above every area on ozzu is shown warning that a thread/post needs attention. You can see an example below:

Attachments:
reported-posts.jpg

The warning does not disappear until a moderator handles the problem.

We do also have a few spam threads like you mentioned, but the problem with those is that sometimes moderators might not read those right away since other types of posts get posted in those forums besides spam reports.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

To echo that, when I come to OZZU, if I see any reported post flagged, it's the very first thing that gets handled. I agree, it's the fastest way.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I miss the notification emails we used to get with the old system. I like the new system much better, and also notice and handle the reported/needs-approval posts when I see it, but that notification email was nice to get. :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts