Spam Topics

• Mas Sehguh
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are about fifty point three zillion spam topics sitting at the top of this forum, from "Post a joke" to "Paste what you copied last" to "When's the last time you looked in a mirror while wearing a digital watch?"

Somebody from Mount Olympus, please save us from this infestation and send these topics to their deserved fates in the underworld, or perhaps a forum named Underworld, where people can submit their postings up a hill, only to have somebody else reply and take over their seat at the top, giving them the task of posting all over again, and over again, and over again...!
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL!

I was just thinking yesterday, eventually there will only be the ongoing topics in the general forum here.
I would like to see more worthwhile discussion instead of 15 threads that just give people an excuse to post. More threads like the science discussions we have been having, or the microsoft poll.
I like things like that.

Or a debate forum.
I know thats not really an ozzu thing ,but it would be nice to hear peoples opinions on things and have some good discussions.
  • deirdre
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: New England Seacoast

Post 3+ Months Ago

:?: - you both have posted in what are so-called Spam topics (What Planet do you want to live on, just now, eh?)
*poke*

I don't see their harm - occasionally they are entertaining and can be a stress reliever after a brain drain day.

You can always start a general topic of your own if you are not in the mood for the ongoing ones.
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

deirdre wrote:
:?: - you both have posted in what are so-called Spam topics (What Planet do you want to live on, just now, eh?)
*poke*

Good point. :shock:
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

deirdre wrote:
*poke*

Lol yeh thats true. But i think that proves how dangerous they are.
The planet thread will eventually go away, its not too bad..

But the thread that asks you what the time is will never go, people jump up shouting "i know what the time is!!" and feel the need to tell the rest of internet.

The worst one i have ever seen is a "who is online now" thread where people copy and past the list of online members.

What next? a "bang your keyboard and click submit" thread? lol

We are supposed to be webmasters, the creative driving force of the internet and all we can think of to talk about is what the time is. shame on us.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

Aye, the general section has been discussed numerous times. The really stupid topics are deleted as soon as they arrive. The general topic history across boards from Turkey to Tasmania is filled with random posts and general conversations. People enjoy these topics which is why they stay (the topics) and why they are kept in the General section.

I can only say again, if you don't like the topics there then either:

a) post your own topics you feel are valid or
b) don't use that section of the forum

:)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with Musik on point a, but not necessarily point b.

Remember that the majority will dictate a result in many cases. If you are not doing point "a" on a regular basis, then the most active topics will dominate. If everyone would participate in genuine topics vs the trivial ones, then in time the trivial ones would find their proper place in antiquity. If you want to see better topics in the general board, then you simply must post and participate in better topics in the general board. It doesn't get any simpler than that.
  • Nephrosis
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

well usualy i just read forums but this is fun i can post to not just read..:)
i may seem dumb and idiotic but i like these topics :)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

obviously
  • jumungo4
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote: