G+ +1 Specific Topics

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Many people will be using Google Plus now and taking advantage of the availability of the Google Plus button that is on many websites, including this one.

The problem with the G+ button on Ozzu is it G+'s just the website as a whole and not a specific post or topic. I believe it is the same with the Facebook Like button.

It probably makes little difference to the amount of traffic the site would be getting here as a result of the clicks, however allowing each topic to have it's own unique G+ +1 button would allow you to see what people enjoy sharing from Ozzu and if this topic is a popular one may encourage more to share it therefore increasing potential traffic further.

It is making some sort of sense in my mind, whether i am explaining it clearly enough though is a another thing.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

That makes sense to me and I agree with you. That way those specific topics would get a bit more traffic rather then those topics generating more traffic to the mainpage of the site. This way, the google result would be justified to the searcher who happens to go to Ozzu from Google.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I do plan to make changes like that down the road to make them topic specific.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think what is interesting about G+ is that they are not focusing directly on the "friends" thing, so i can see people creating accounts and adding a large number of associates primarily to show people great sources on the web... sort of like Tumblr. Obvioiusly if Google go along that route then specific topics would be ideal for getting more traffic to this website.

If someone +1's Ozzu at the moment they are being taken to the index page. Not everyone is likely to stick around long enough to understand and appreciate the quantity of quality information that Ozzu provides.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts