SpellCheck

• lucassix
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have been noticing that the spell check function on the board is not very good at giving correct suggestions. (Not that a lot of people on the boards these days are using it, but that is beside the point.) It does a good job at catching incorrect words, however. Is there a dictionary list or something along those lines that can be updated in order to improve this function?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm fairly certain this is the mod being used:

http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/3815

I haven't studied it much, but I suspect Bigwebmaster has to update some things himself. I'm fairly certain he has had to do so in the past.

I'll leave it up to him to confirm this.

At the moment I really don't have time to look into it to see how it works, but it has been noted that it has it's "learning" drawbacks, but I'm not sure why at the moment.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

With that mods comes a very large dictionary file. Of course it is impossible to get every word. You can always add it to the list yourself in the spellcheck area, however, it only adds it for your account through cookies. I do have the ability to add more words to the entire system, so if you see something that should be added you are welcome to let us know. I am not sure if there is a better updated dictionary file that I can use.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

conjunctions would be nice. I'm, don't, can't, etc.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
With that mods comes a very large dictionary file. Of course it is impossible to get every word. You can always add it to the list yourself in the spellcheck area, however, it only adds it for your account through cookies. I do have the ability to add more words to the entire system, so if you see something that should be added you are welcome to let us know. I am not sure if there is a better updated dictionary file that I can use.

OK -- that makes sense, so does that mean if you delete your cookies, then say byebye to everything it "learned"? That would explain why it never seems to remember what I tell it to remember *lol
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes exactly ATNO.
  • aeon
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think spelling cow spellchecker is better: