Stars for website reviews.

• penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I was thinking, Would it be possible to add a star system? Where when people make comments on other peoples website they have to rate it with stars, Like 1 = poor 5 = amazing

And after so many votes the avarage vote is displayed on the topic started thread title?

I dont know if i explained that well enough :roll:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I understand, but I think it'd be better to give the reviewer stars ... so that you can see if a person gives good reviews or not, because most people that give reviews just give a load of *plum* reviews ... That's why I stopped giving reviews ... those people irritated me to the point where I just stopped giving reviews.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah your idea is better RT, Well It would be pretty cool to see.
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

if you gave the reviewer stars, the site owner might not like your comment or disagree with it an not give you any, even though you gave an excelent review.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah that's okay, I'm happy to live with that rather than to have these piece-o-trash reviews everywhere ...
  • dyefade
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Agree with R_T. Ozzu's current policy sorta provokes this I think - you're expected to give three reviews before you can have your own site reviewed, but I've seen so many "reviews" which are just "good site" or "I don't like blue" - it really defeats the object. I'd be pissed off if someone posted a review with just "nice site", because it's a meaningless comment, and degrades both of us.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I posted my blog for review on another forum that does not have a 3 review requirement & got an even mixture of helpfull and one-liner reviews.
I think the only difference was I didn't review a single other site from that forum before posting my request. (I do participate in other areas though, so I don't feel guilty about it)

I'm not sure if the requirement actually provokes the one-liners, I do know it forces people [or bots] who would otherwise have no posting history whatsoever to participate at least enough for everyone else to know whether they want to take the time to return the favor for the person.

Maybe Ozzu should switch the posting permissions in the Website Reviews forum to work the same as they do in the Tutorials forums. Where all new threads and replies need to be accepted by a moderator before they're visible.
What do you guys think about that ?
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really do like the sound of that. At least that way we'll have decent reviews again, and I will start giving reviews again because I know when I get an email saying that there was a reply, it's not just going to be a little one-liner.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

righteous_trespasser wrote:
I really do like the sound of that. At least that way we'll have decent reviews again, and I will start giving reviews again because I know when I get an email saying that there was a reply, it's not just going to be a little one-liner.

I completely agree.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

The only problem with that is that it would increase alot of load on the moderators. Another idea is to make a small team of trusted website reviewers and give them permission to approve pending posts in that forum. That might speed things up if no moderators are around.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
Another idea is to make a small team of trusted website reviewers and give them permission to approve pending posts in that forum. That might speed things up if no moderators are around.

Perhaps premium members could have this responsibility?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

That might work, would be easy to add permission to that group to do that.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Another idea is to make a small team of trusted website reviewers and give them permission to approve pending posts in that forum. That might speed things up if no moderators are around.

Would Ozzu start looking for people to send invitations to, or should Ozzu start a sticky where people can apply themselves & go from there ?
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

I dont think it should just be premium members who would get to be able to do this, I think it would be good to make a sticky for people to APPLY to.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

penguin wrote:
I dont think it should just be premium members who would get to be able to do this, I think it would be good to make a sticky for people to APPLY to.

If that is going to be the case I am going to apply ...
  • dyefade
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm liking this review moderation idea, if the premium members-as-mods-for-that-forum idea works it'd be great!
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes but why just premium members, That means you have to pay to review posts?

Why not just have a select few members to do it?
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

just seems like a lot of unnessisary work. but if your up to do it yourself... Personaly, having a crappy review on there doesn't bother me at all, I skim all posts and if there is something there, then I go back and read it slowly.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would do it, But thats up to bigwebmaster :P Im sure a lot of members would do it
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree it shouldnt be just premium members, let people apply for moderation rights in that forum :)
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

The only reason I dont like the idea of just premium members, is becuase its as if then you would be second classing the rights of just normal members.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Either way its not going to be full moderators who would help. It would basically be regular users plus approval/disapproval privileges which would make the learning curve very easy.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

So are you thinking about adding this bigwebmaster?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 23 posts