Sub forum confusion

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

For the first time in absolutely ages i took a good proper look through some of the forums i don't tend to view often just to see if there were a few things that could be answered that were once missed. One of the top posts in the Google Analytics forum was posted in May and has yet to recieve a reply.

google-analytics/google-analytics-reading-time-site-incorrectly-t103271.html

The topic itself seems good, yet for some reason it was ignored.

I am not able to answer, however i don't believe nobody here can't. It made me wonder how confusing some of the sub forums can be and if maybe condensing a few of them together would be a good idea rather than having a load of forums which could result in some of the newer members getting lost (bearing in mind not everyone here is familiar with the breadcrumb feature at the top of the page).

I did actually start to wonder if i would be able to enjoy Ozzu if it weren't for the fact that i have been a member here for just under 6 years. It's not as direct and straight forward as it once was, it has understandably grown but i don't think some of it was completely necessary.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think the structure of the sub-forums had anything to do with that post not being answered. Not everyone here has a web site. I don't have one & I just skip all the posts related to having a web site.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

That post was recently moved to the Google Analytics sub forum. The new sub forums in that Google area have only been in affect for a few months if that. Before everything in the Google Forum was all clumped together and I believe this structure will make things easier down the road, but we will see.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

All I know is finding a balance between granularity and cover-alls is tough.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts