submit button

• Steven D
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Steven D

Post 3+ Months Ago

you prob all use to it by now, but the submit button is on the left for post a quick reply and on the right when submitting an advanced post.

any chance someone can open the reply_index.php file or what have you and just swap em around. it will keep all the other members on their toes + its really freakn annoying
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The quick reply is an add-on MOD to any phpbb2.x forum. It has never had a preview option. Hence the point of quick reply. Hence it is on the left. In the advanced reply, there has always been a preview button, and the submit button has always been to the right of it. I haven't looked at the alternate smartDark theme in awhile, which was one of the original OZZU themes, but if you switch to it in your profile, you'll most likely find it the same there.

Just an educated guess, but I would assume the reason is that this forum is an "English" speaking forum and in English speaking countries people read from left to right, so it makes perfect sense that the preview button would be before the post button reading from left to right. In theory, I suppose that would give the poster the option to preview what they wrote first to ascertain if it looked the way they intended it to prior to submitting.
  • Steven D
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Steven D

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
Just an educated guess, but I would assume the reason is that this forum is an "English" speaking forum and in English speaking countries people read from left to right, so it makes perfect sense that the preview button would be before the post button reading from left to right. In theory, I suppose that would give the poster the option to preview what they wrote first to ascertain if it looked the way they intended it to prior to submitting.

I agree, left to right is logical, just having 2 sets of buttons, both doing virtually the same thing, but both of them being the other way round seemed weird.

Im happy with the theme thats here, I dont mind it as it is, as over time i will get use to it and it will become less and less of an issue until it is not a problem anymore.

I suggested it only incase someone wanted to make it 'perfect'
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

*smiles. Bigwebmaster, designed this current default theme. You won't find another phpbb theme like it on the net. Trust me, I was his worst critic. He'll tell you himself. There's still about a half dozen things that irritate the crap out of me that he won't change no matter how much I bug him. So I quit bugging him, because they all work and like you said, over time I got used to them.
  • Steven D
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Steven D

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol, at least he took the time to make the custom template i suppose, tis better than a poke in the eye with a burnt stick (how old is that saying, honestly)

thats for the reply.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd love if this site was perfect, but what is perfect to me might not be to you or Joe public.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

You guys confused me with the left-to-right stuff, the reply button is on the left & the preview button is on the right, so in reading from left to right, you'ld reply quickly first, then preview it. :scratchhead:

All I know is I have to pause & read at least one of the buttons entirely before I click one of them, which is somthing that is probably too much for the one-word-wonders to do so they get bored & click to somthing else before they get past the word post.
  • Steven D
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Steven D

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah lol, you have to read it because you often forget if you are posting a new thread or replying, i always hit the spellcheck button on a new thread by mistake lol.

on a really bad day its spellcheck, preview submit and should have been
submit lol

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts