sugestion - Databases forum

• pedrotuga
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey all.

Recently i have been having a lot of doubts concerning to mysql. I usualy post them under "programing/sripting/coding forum". Me and a lot oof ppl post database questions there, mostly mysql and postgresql.

Would it worth to have a database forum? I thing it might...

don't know, just an idea
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thats not a bad idea, but MySQL and most of the other databases are mainly related to PHP and probably should have database questions continued to be posted in the Programming/Scripting/Coding Forum.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

For the most part I agree with Funny Fuzz, as questions with database queries usually relates directly to another programming language, making many of those questions relevant for the Programming, Scripting, Coding Forum. Maybe I should change the description slightly on that forum and specifically mention databases too? That way if there are any questions around SQL for example that doesn't tie in with any specific programming language, it would still fit in there.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
Maybe I should change the description slightly on that forum and specifically mention databases too? That way if there are any questions around SQL for example that doesn't tie in with any specific programming language, it would still fit in there.

:handsup: What he said :handsup:
  • pedrotuga
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
For the most part I agree with Funny Fuzz, as questions with database queries usually relates directly to another programming language, making many of those questions relevant for the Programming, Scripting, Coding Forum. Maybe I should change the description slightly on that forum and specifically mention databases too? That way if there are any questions around SQL for example that doesn't tie in with any specific programming language, it would still fit in there.

I would agree with that ;)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts