Suggestion: Post Count Limit on Job Forum

• Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Personally, I'd like to suggest a post count limit to be able to post on the Job Oppurtunity forum. I know many of you will probably be completely against this idea, but honestly, most of the people posting have a post count of 1 or 2. This is rather annoying because if they post a job that I am interested in, and I actually get the job (which I have a few times), after a few PMs forwards and backwards and a few conversations about what's going to happen, I never hear from them again, nor do I ever see them on the forum ever again - which is extremely disappointing and annoying.

What do you guys think?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are you saying that they found a better deal and decided to forget about you? Also, maybe http://www.scriptlance.com would be better for you.
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use scriptlance already. I'm saying, they wanted me to do the job, they sent me the requirements and told me I was perfect for the job. Then I PM them back and I get a few replies and all. Then they suddenly just, disappear and never come back.
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with this. I have been saying this for a while.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know see how limiting anything here is going to prevent that from happening.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's a cost of doing business.
Sometimes it's just not possible to do business while keeping all parties happy.
You should look that thoose situations as prevented headaches for both of you & simply move on.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

That sounds like good advice to me.
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I don't know see how limiting anything here is going to prevent that from happening.
I know personally it might help seeing as the more posts the person has, the more likely it is that they're more active. For example, someone with 1 post probably came just to post their job offer and that's all. See it once and they're gone and will probably never check their PM Inbox or something. Do you see what I'm getting at? Although Joebert's post is indeed true, I still stand by my opinion - even if not very many of you will agree.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The limit has been discussed in the past and ruled against. You stated the reason yourself "someone with 1 post probably came just to post their job offer and that's all". If there was a pre-required posting limit that job offer poster might just not post at all and just go someplace else and post it. Besides, many of the ones that I think are the better quality offers post an email contact that could and should be used to contact the person.

The thing I find most irritating is when the job poster clearly says email or PM me and then a half dozen responders attempt to give their credentials in the post and then say the old "if you're interested contact me". Well, HELLO! If I posted a job and somebody did that in response I wouldn't give them the time of day. The biggest problem with that forum is not the posters posting legit offers (the ones that aren't are removed as efficiently as possible). No the problem is the responders not having a clue how to respond to a job offer properly.

Believe me, if there was ever a job I thought worthwhile I would go after it, contact the poster via their method and I'd get the job because I know how. And I've never gotten a job in my life by asking a prospective employer to contact me if they are interested. Not once ever.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

I dont think there should be a post limit for the poster, how about removing the ability to reply to posts in the job forum?

just give admins and mods the ability to, no 1 should need to reply anyway.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts