• No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I say do it just so I can say "you asked for it...".

In all seriousness though, what do you propose to do as a moderator of Ozzu ?
  • David Raz
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: West coast

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
I say do it just so I can say "you asked for it...".

well im very happy to hear your support.

joebert wrote:
In all seriousness though, what do you propose to do as a moderator of Ozzu ?

kill spammers and explain to stupid people things they don't understand.

ps. oh i am im all type of seriousness right now.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is the pre-screening test that you have to take before being considered as an Ozzu moderator, please answer the questions truthfully & without sarcasam.

1) You've deleted a topic for being spam & the topic starter creates another thread to complain, what do you do ?

2) Someone sends you a PM asking for one-on-one help on a subject, what do you do ?

3) Which forums would you most likely be picked to moderate ?

4) Which forums would you feel most comfortable moderating ?

5) Give 5 examples of criteria a post would have to meet to be considered spam.

6) You've just discovered a way to login as an Administrator, do you,
a) Post a memo with the instructions in an Administrative forum logged in as the Administrator ?
b) Email instructions to the Administrator ?
c) Ask your buddies if they can get it to work on their sites ?

7) Which Ozzu theme are you using ?

8) What is your area of expertise when it comes to I.T. ?

9) How would you describe your People Skills ?

10) What's the average number of registered members online at Ozzu during any given time ?

*Please note, this is not an official test, I am not an Ozzu staff member, & this test should by no means be assumed to indicate that you're being considered as a moderator.
However, volunteering to answer theese questions can't hurt.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

David Raz wrote:
explain to stupid people things they don't understand.

Okay, so let me do my job as a Moderator and explain something.

You do not ask to be a moderator, you are chosen. It is an honor to be apart of this staff and none of us take any one asking to be a moderator seriously.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ignore the rumours. The pay isn't that good. :wink:
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

David, we do appreciate your supportive interest in OZZU. We are always very pleased to have members take that kind of interest in this forum. The selection process for moderators is pretty much as grinch has explained. When Bigwebmaster indicates that he is looking to add a moderator/s to the staff, the staff typically makes recommendations for candidates, all of whom are discussed and debated on by the group based on their contributions, longevity, posting history and a variety of other considerations. In the end Bigwebmaster and Bigweb alone makes the final decisions. This process has worked quite well for OZZU and I can honestly say in the three plus years I have moderated I am happy to be working with the best staff of moderators I've ever been privileged to be associated with.

At this time Bigweb has not indicated any interested or need to suppliment the current staff with additional moderators, but we do hope that you continue your interest and contributions to OZZU. We're glad to have you here.
  • David Raz
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
This is the pre-screening test that you have to take before being considered as an Ozzu moderator, please answer the questions truthfully & without sarcasam.

1) You've deleted a topic for being spam & the topic starter creates another thread to complain, what do you do ?

2) Someone sends you a PM asking for one-on-one help on a subject, what do you do ?

3) Which forums would you most likely be picked to moderate ?

4) Which forums would you feel most comfortable moderating ?

a) Post a memo with the instructions in an Administrative forum logged in as the Administrator ?

7) Which Ozzu theme are you using ?

10) What's the average number of registered members online at Ozzu during any given time ?

*Please note, this is not an official test, I am not an Ozzu staff member, & this test should by no means be assumed to indicate that you're being considered as a moderator.
However, volunteering to answer theese questions can't hurt.

1. keep it real and confront him for spamming, if for any reason it wasn't spam then the post would then be put back up. And if theres a continued spammer for the starter then i would pm the webmaster and tell them about the user, so that his ip address would get banned.

2. I help him out as much as i can, do research on google, try to find all the answers if i couldn't help him i would point him to a user who would know something. As well as give him links, pointers/tips and ext.

3. All that are under Website Design & Development.

4. All that are under Website Design & Development.

5. Here are the 5 spam users that posted.
a. http://www.ozzu.com/website-reviews/site-review-review-this-site-and-get-free-prizes-t74639.html <<Affiliate program
b. http://www.ozzu.com/programming-forum/automated-emails-t74663.html <<trying to get past spam blockers

i would like to give you more, but since i am not a mod it isn't my job to do it yet.
But i would do it kindly and for free, it you choose me.

6. I would "b" email the administrator. But just before that i would create a url under the name of a "." that would go to my main page so that i would receive a higher page rank. Just as a little reward for finding the exploit/hole in the system that others could have gotten to. I'm just keeping it real.

7. Default theme

8. A few years.

9. I run my own business, and i deal with people all the time. My People Skills are above average.

10. 17.30

Like i said i am willing to be an active mod, working for free, if you still decide you don't need the help or have found someone better you can take me off as a mod. And i will still try and help.
  • David Raz
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

grinch2171 wrote:
David Raz wrote:
explain to stupid people things they don't understand.

Okay, so let me do my job as a Moderator and explain something.

You do not ask to be a moderator, you are chosen. It is an honor to be apart of this staff and none of us take any one asking to be a moderator seriously.

oh i understand, you don't need to explain anything.
I am just approaching differently so that i can get noticed and have a chance.
  • David Raz
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
Ignore the rumours. The pay isn't that good. :wink:

Well im willing to do it for free.
  • David Raz
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
David, we do appreciate your supportive interest in OZZU. We are always very pleased to have members take that kind of interest in this forum. The selection process for moderators is pretty much as grinch has explained. When Bigwebmaster indicates that he is looking to add a moderator/s to the staff, the staff typically makes recommendations for candidates, all of whom are discussed and debated on by the group based on their contributions, longevity, posting history and a variety of other considerations. In the end Bigwebmaster and Bigweb alone makes the final decisions. This process has worked quite well for OZZU and I can honestly say in the three plus years I have moderated I am happy to be working with the best staff of moderators I've ever been privileged to be associated with.

At this time Bigweb has not indicated any interested or need to suppliment the current staff with additional moderators, but we do hope that you continue your interest and contributions to OZZU. We're glad to have you here.

First off thanks ATNO/TW for a great reply, i really appreciate it.

Very well if this is the final decision then im sorry for wasting everyones time. But if you ever change your mind, i will always be at your service.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:

1. keep it real and confront him for spamming, if for any reason it wasn't spam then the post would then be put back up. And if theres a continued spammer for the starter then i would pm the webmaster and tell them about the user, so that his ip address would get banned.

Spammers don't use proxy servers ? :scratchhead:

Quote:

2. I help him out as much as i can, do research on google, try to find all the answers if i couldn't help him i would point him to a user who would know something. As well as give him links, pointers/tips and ext.

Any time I've done anything other than direct them to the forum most likely to get them an answer, or just ignore them if they're following up on a reply I've made, I've ended up with someone looking for a mentor.

Quote:

5. Here are the 5 spam users that posted.
a. http://www.ozzu.com/website-reviews/site-review-review-this-site-and-get-free-prizes-t74639.html <<Affiliate program
b. http://www.ozzu.com/programming-forum/automated-emails-t74663.html <<trying to get past spam blockers
i would like to give you more, but since i am not a mod it isn't my job to do it yet.
But i would do it kindly and for free, it you choose me.

Did you know there's a report post button on the top right corner of every post ?
It looks like this Image

Quote:

6. I would "b" email the administrator. But just before that i would create a url under the name of a "." that would go to my main page so that i would receive a higher page rank. Just as a little reward for finding the exploit/hole in the system that others could have gotten to. I'm just keeping it real.

Keeping it real or not, that answer sent chills down my spine.

Quote:

8. A few years.

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with that field. :?

Quote:

9. I run my own business, and i deal with people all the time. My People Skills are above average.

Good to hear.

Quote:

10. 17.30

How'd you figure that out ? :scratchhead:
  • David Raz
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Spammers don't use proxy servers ? :scratchhead:

yes, and what do you suppose we do about it. There isn't a solid solution to solve this problem.

Quote:
Any time I've done anything other than direct them to the forum most likely to get them an answer, or just ignore them if they're following up on a reply I've made, I've ended up with someone looking for a mentor.

well arn't you just a good example. I can answer all the questions here with a link too. Google.com. But hey, I guess some people are different, i'd rather not be a dick head and do that.

Quote:
Did you know there's a report post button on the top right corner of every post ?
It looks like this Image

Did you know that i don't have to do sh*t, cause im not a moderator. I do what i please until some things change.

Quote:
Keeping it real or not, that answer sent chills down my spine.

oh please dont be a whinny pussy, you know you would do it too.

Quote:
I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with that field. :?

don't be a dick, i meant i had a few years in I.T.

Quote:
Good to hear.

great....

Quote:
How'd you figure that out ? :scratchhead:

Wow you have been on here longer then me and you still dont know how to use this board?
Check out this link:
http://www.ozzu.com/statistics.php
Its the stats for ozzu.
If research hard enough you will find the the answer.
But hey i know that might be difficult even for you so here the pic too.
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/8342/picvl7.png

cheers
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Now let me ask you this, would you react to every other member the same way you've just reacted to me ?
  • David Raz
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
Now let me ask you this, would you react to every other member the same way you've just reacted to me ?

no, but i would sneak a few here and there.

hey... at least im honest.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, where's the camera ?
This is a joke right ?
Charlie Murphy, is that you ? :lol:
  • David Raz
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
Ok, where's the camera ?

its up your ass.
joebert wrote:
This is a joke right ?

don't insult me
joebert wrote:
Charlie Murphy, is that you ? :lol:

no :roll:
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

You seem pretty smart, care to tell me how I got a camera up my ass ?

Insult you ?
Have you ever heard the expression, "Take it with a grain of salt" ?

Boy you sure have some great people skills there buddy, you'ld make a great moderator.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

David, if you were serious enough about becoming a moderator you would have been a better person by not replying the way you have done. How do you expect anyone to believe you are a good candidate for the role if you go around insulting other users of the forum?

It took me 2 years before being invited to become a moderator on Ozzu (not once did i ask to be a moderator in that time), you have only been here a few days and you expect to be chosen. You speak to others as if you are the best and they are wrong and you want US to trust you? I really think you need to think about how you go about things in the future.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK enough of this before it gets uglier than it already is. I clearly stated how the selection process works. There's no need for further discussion from anyone. Let me repeat it in case anyone overlooked it the first time:

Quote:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 20 posts