Team debates

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

So, what are you actually asking? do you want permission?

I'm totally confused here. What is the point of this whole topic?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, actually, we thought it'll be better to do something like it by asking first, rather than jumping into it.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

We was just making sure we would be allowed to do this, By the Mods and or Bigwebmaster.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I owe an apology if this is causing confusions or unwanted feelings to you all, I'm sorry.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have no need to be sorry if SB is confused, Its not your problem George. :P
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

penguin wrote:
You have no need to be sorry if SB is confused, Its not your problem George. :P

Damn ... Miaaaauuuu!!
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think there is any reason to ask to post a topic in the general discussion.

If you want to start a team debate thread then your welcome too. It would be much like that of the Tennis matches in the digital sections.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm Yeah thats a good point.
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've seen several debates going on in the General Discussion forum before and after a little bit, a MOD gets pissed and locks it.

I don't think "team debates" would fit in that forum though. They should be open to all.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is the dumbest thing I have heard in a while. There are plenty of other forums out there you can debate at.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why is it dumb Grinch?
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

It just is. When I come to Ozzu I do not come here looking for a debate or to argue with anyone for fun. That is not what Ozzu is about nor is it what Ozzu is based on. If you want to debate then I suggest looking at these sites as that is what their stated purpose is.

http://www.debateforums.net/
http://www.volconvo.com/
Any of these

I don't speak on behalf of all the Moderators but I know I dread going into General Discussion some days in fear of some topic being started that will ensure an argument or two.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well from a moderator point of view I guess I can see your point.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Think about it penguin, what brought you to Ozzu in the first place and what made you stay? I hope to god it wasn't the general discussion board and posting games. Most people come here because of the wealth of information and knowledge this board represents. The people who stay here do so to contribute their knowledge and maybe learn something new not to hang out in general discussion debating this and that (at least I hope so). We come here to learn and help in matters consistent with web design and technology in general.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I came here for coding experiance in which ozzu has greatly helped me. I came here knowing so little, And I belive I have come leaps and bounds to what I did know.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

penguin wrote:
Well I came here for coding experiance in which ozzu has greatly helped me. I came here knowing so little, And I belive I have come leaps and bounds to what I did know.

Then that is a good thing and precisely why OZZU exists.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, Grinch, but when you say is the dumbest thing really sounds a bit harsh. We're ( I and Penguin )sorry about this post.

But we can learn from a successful culture that, a fun, enjoyable environment usually can help us to learn and work things more. Eg. Google.

Where if an environment is viewed overly serious, can be abit too stiff.

I'd say it's not entirely pointless, or entirely dumbest thing can ever be heard. Because Penguin values familiarity, so he prefers play debate with us rather than outside.

:Thank you for the links:

"I don't know what to say, to mend things back if someone's feelings hurt, I'm very open. Maybe I should just shut up."

But I do agree to what many have said, that is (about 80% disagree, 20% agree), about not looking forward to a casual friendly play-debate in the general section ocassionally, because it's pointless to have one when the majority doesn't want.

I love you
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Friendly debates rarely stay friendly. We have had many topics here that started out as a friendly casual conversation but there are people out there lacking the ability to remain civil. Maybe it is internet anonymity that allows them to behave the way they do but it ends up ruining something that could be good.

I'm not against casual conversations and light-hearted topics but purposely starting a debate is only asking for trouble and is counter-productive.

Never say you love me again.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

We already have debates... Outcomes for debates is win/loose... correct? according to the Team Debates rules it is. So you are merely trying to create an argument that is better then the other side.

What do we do in competitions? THAT is FRIENDLY "debates" in a way.

Grinch is right... Debates rarely tend to stay friendly. Just read this topic and see how ironic yet true it is. Debates over debates and people are saying (supporters) that it would be friendly and yet theres a lot of harshness out there.

Just saying... competitions is our debates :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 50 posts