test forum

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Without trying to disrespect previous decisions made by this site, but i have always wondered what the point in the "Test" forum is?

The reason i ask is whenever i go and have a look at some of the "Test" posts it tends to be people just saying "test" and not really achieving much other than the proving to people they know how to spell the word.

Take this topic for example...

[Dead Link]

It seems like people are just using the forum to Spam. Without naming anyone in particular, but i see there are a few in the topic doing it.

I know when it comes to creating signatures and avators i tend to just give it a shot and if i have made a mistake i will fix it. Either that or going to create a new topic i would type what i want to type (for signature) then go to "preview comment". This will show me whether i have made a mistake on the signature.

Like i have said already, i dont want to look like i am disrespecting previous ideas put into place on this site, i just dont see the point in the forum.

It just seems to be a way for some members to spam the site by repeatedly leaving posts saying "test" complete with their signature which has the usual few links.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, a lot of ppl use the test forum to check their sigs. It's hard to draw the line between spamming and testing out your sig though.

Yet, if I put a new sig and I want to see what it looks like, I will just check a forum where I last replied and it will show. So it really depends on the person.

Some ppl use the test forum to test out colours and font sizes etc, maybe even check how images are linked and so forth.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, i see what you mean. Its just something was thinking about yesterday when i saw that linked post.

Just thought i would comment on it, didnt know what the real point in the forum was apart from to in effect spam which i believe some people are doing.

sorry for being a pain.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

You apologize way too much SB. Relax lol :)
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I cant help it :lol:

:refrains from saying the "s" word:
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

In truth there's not even a need for a test forum. All you have to do is make a new post or reply anywhere, but rather than hitting submit, simply hit preview. The result has the same effect.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
In truth there's not even a need for a test forum. All you have to do is make a new post or reply anywhere, but rather than hitting submit, simply hit preview. The result has the same effect.

Thats what i was saying, its what i would do if i was to make a change to my signature.

I just thought i would let you know what i was thinking. I dont mean to be a pain.
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
I dont mean to be a pain.

Again SB? not the "s" word but the "p" :lol: j/k

On the other hand I do agree with you on this, and most of time I never read the test forum
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

You make a very good point and I am not sure that forum is really needed either. It may be completely nixed soon. Just for your info though, that forum is not displayed to the public, but only registered members who are logged into ozzu. So really the reach is far less than what it could have been.

Still I am not really seeing any reason why the forum should even stay for members. It has a few useful things, but for the most part it is probably more of a problem area than it is worth.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes, but doesn't the auto-pruning take care of that anyway? not like people can really take too much advantage of it? I'm not saying not to get rid of it, just making a point...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts