The new "Main Menu"

• mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

A small suggestion. When the main menu tab is open (expanded) instead of only being able to close it by again clicking on the tab, perhaps have it close by also clicking away from the main menu, anywhere on the page. In other words, if I have my main menu open, I'd like to close it by simply clicking in an unused area of the page.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I plan to make it so when you aren't hovering over it, it will auto close again. However, due to the fact it has multiple divs its actually way more complicated than one might think to achieve this. It is on the todo list to make that menu better.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
However, due to the fact it has multiple divs its actually way more complicated than one might think

I've had to do this a time or two. O_o It's definitely not much fun to code up. Good idea, though. Would fit well with the menu.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
I plan to make it so when you aren't hovering over it, it will auto close again. However, due to the fact it has multiple divs its actually way more complicated than one might think to achieve this. It is on the todo list to make that menu better.

I don't understand why you have more than one div for it. You only need one... (with a 5 pixel colored border... might not have the black thing, but that is ok, I think).

At least try it and see how it would look like and how it would work.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its more than just the div causing issues. All of the lists and links in there are causing issues as well.

Also a long story short, but the javascript scrolling effect dynamically adds another container around that container to do what it needs to do. I remember looking into if it was possible without doing that, and certain display bugs show up if its not done the way it is with certain browsers. Anwyway its just gets more complicated once you add in the mouseover calls as things just don't behave as you might think they would.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
Its more than just the div causing issues. All of the lists and links in there are causing issues as well.

Also a long story short, but the javascript scrolling effect dynamically adds another container around that container to do what it needs to do. I remember looking into if it was possible without doing that, and certain display bugs show up if its not done the way it is with certain browsers. Anwyway its just gets more complicated once you add in the mouseover calls as things just don't behave as you might think they would.

Alright... shows what I know about JavaScript :lol:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts