Is there any way...

• lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

...of limiting the number of posts non-Moderators can submit in a 24-hour period???

Some users here post nothing but 100s and 100s of posts of B.S. in the General Discussion forum. OK some people wil say you don't have to read them but I genuinely like some posters posts there.

:roll:

The boards here have become saturated with mindless nonsense from perhaps 10-12 people. I know of at least two other individuals who feel the same way about this as I do, that these users are ruining, no tarnishing, their viewing experience here.

I'm coming here less often myself, partially as a result of this and partially as the weather is getting better and I'm doing more stuff outdoors these days. Anyway, that is my suggestion.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

This post is pretty similar to my comment i left the other day.

Its quite annoying that when you go onto that forum you see posts that have been left many many times before. Posts like "Wizard" would (in my opinion) be better off in forums like the Web Design forum.

Just a thought.
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well actually it is not similar. I don't mind people posting in the wrong forums, more often than not these posters are new or unsure which forum their post should go in.

My issue was with posters who seemingly feel obliged to post their - often unfounded or biased (which often translates to BS Image) - opinion on everything under the sun.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Fortunately the bulk of that only happens in the general board. As a general rule most of them are kids. Frequently those members are monitored and in some cases warned, in other cases find hemselves unable to post. I do not notice this issue as a problem in the primary design boards.

You should have noticed some improvement when the "games" were moved to their own section and made viewable only by members.

To SB's point we move appropriate posts to the appropriate boards when we see them. Most of the ones left in the general board are of a generic or conversational, or newsworthy interest and don't have any specific design value. In truth, they help to enhance the purpose of the general board which is "General and off topic threads containing intellectual discussion"

You'll note that even that has changed from the original "discuss everything and anything here". We are cognizant of the fact that the general board needed some help and we as a group and Bigwebmaster specifically have done many things to improve it.
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO, yes I did notice the improvements. Can't help but feel the intellectual part is lost on some though :oops:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts