Tutorial Suggestion

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a suggestion for tutorial thing. Can a user be notified if the tutorial he/she had submitted is added to the tutorials or thought as junk and not added? That would be great. Would leave a lot of people (such as me) from wondering if the reason for the tutorial not being there because the mod denied it or because it hasn't being seeing yet.

Thanks.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

That is already built into the approval system. I just approved your submitted tutorial and it should have informed you of that via PM.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think most tutorials will be accepted unless of course it was blatant spam attempt to promote website. So, as long as you stick to the original template and the basic rules you'll have no problem with it being accepted.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
That is already built into the approval system. I just approved your submitted tutorial and it should have informed you of that via PM.

Nope, I didn't get a PM.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Did you get notified when I disapproved your duplicate ?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
Did you get notified when I disapproved your duplicate ?

Disapproved my duplicate? :shock: :shock: :shock:

That was no duplicate... I edited the tutorial and submitted and it said it would be publicly viewable when a moderator sees it. I knew it would cause confusion to the moderators but I didn't say anything about it...

But I didn't get notified... Can I resubmit that tutorial as I saved a copy of mine own and since it came out as it has being removed?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is here:

php-tutorials/tutorial-how-easily-create-manage-your-site-with-php-t85760.html

For some reason it wasn't approved, I could have sworn I did approve it though. Did you get an approval PM now?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
It is here:

php-tutorials/tutorial-how-easily-create-manage-your-site-with-php-t85760.html

For some reason it wasn't approved, I could have sworn I did approve it though. Did you get an approval PM now?

You did approve it before. I just edited it.

No, I didn't get a PM... but forget it... no big deal.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

It probably has to be re approved if you edit it.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah it does. I guess in the future I should edit it if the change is important and notify a mod saying that I have edited it.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

Could you not do it so, That the topic starter can edit his / her post without it having to be re-approved?
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

penguin wrote:
Could you not do it so, That the topic starter can edit his / her post without it having to be re-approved?

The tutorial writer might spam their site in an edit, so it would have to be approved or disapproved at every point there has been some doctoring.

I think it should remain as it is.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Strange, there was two threads awaiting approval started by you when I did that bogey. The one I disapproved looked like an earlier version of the other one that was there, it was missing the TUTORIAL: prefix in the title, was shorter, & had a syntax error in the last code section that broke the rest of Ozzus' layout.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
Strange, there was two threads awaiting approval started by you when I did that bogey. The one I disapproved looked like an earlier version of the other one that was there, it was missing the TUTORIAL: prefix in the title, was shorter, & had a syntax error in the last code section that broke the rest of Ozzus' layout.

Oh... so if one mod denied a tutorial it still stays for approval for the rest of the mods? That's not a good thing. The one I can think of that Joebert is describing is the one I accidentally submitted before I finished writing the tutorial and Digitalmedia (I think that's what it is) denied it already.

And about notification, appearantly I did get notified about it, but in the e-mail not on PM.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey wrote:
joebert wrote:

Oh... so if one mod denied a tutorial it still stays for approval for the rest of the mods?

No. As soon as one mod approves it then it has the official stamp...so to speak.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
No. As soon as one mod approves it then it has the official stamp...so to speak.

Than why the tutorial that Joebert described sounded a lot like the unfisnished one that I accidentally submitted that Digitalmedia denied? After Joebert denied that one Bigweb later on (after Joeberts denial) submitted my tutorial? Sounds quite confusing to me... :scratchhead:
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just went over the moderator logs.

I don't see a record for dM or anyone else actually disapproving your accidental submission before I did. So the one I delt with was more than likely that one.
I know for sure the one I delt with had a lower topic_id than the one you had approved, I also included a link to the newer tutorial in the denial report.

Bigwebmaster has approved your non-accidental tutorial twice, after the submission & again when it was edited.

The new report/approval control panel is a little confusing in how it will only include items for a single forum if you come to the panel from a forum. dM might have had that happen to him & figured it was already taken care of if he came from a different forum than the PHP tutorials forum.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh, ok. The reason I said that dM has disapproved my accidental submitted tutorial is because I made a post in General and I said to deny that one and he said something and I thought he mean t that he denied it. Sorry about confusing anyone if I did (besides myself :lol:)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts