Username

• Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki
  • Loc: Edinburgh

Post 3+ Months Ago

How do all,

Very simple thing, wasn't to sure where to post so I decided here would do fine, if not, I`m sure someone will move it :P

I was wondering if there is any way we can change our username, I know its not normally permitted but circumstances have arisen that have caused me to change me username on other boards and I try to keep my username the same where ever I post.

Regards,
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can change your username when you go into your profile. It is literally the first box that you change.

As it says, when changing you need to use your password for security reasons.
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm, I thought that privalage had been disabled.

My bad !
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Enigma, if you do change your username, it will require a reactivation of your account. Make certain that you still have access to the email address you signed up with, or you won't receive the activation link.

If you no longer have access to the original email address, change your email address first and make sure you get the confirmation.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Enigma wrote:

My bad !

That privilege is disabled. Everyone else is incorrect. The reason it is disabled is because it would make it hard for moderators to keep track of individuals if names could be changed. Usernames can only be changed by contacting a super moderator or me, and there has to be very good reason for the change or the request will most likely be denied.
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm, well. I beleive my reason to be of a sound nature but guessing yourself and the Moderators may not.

In respect to that I`ll just leave it be for now.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

i'm willing to change it for the reason you gave, but be aware that another request for a name change will most likely be declined. So make sure the name you choose is the one you want. What name do you want changed to?
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
Enigma wrote:

My bad !

That privilege is disabled. Everyone else is incorrect. The reason it is disabled is because it would make it hard for moderators to keep track of individuals if names could be changed. Usernames can only be changed by contacting a super moderator or me, and there has to be very good reason for the change or the request will most likely be denied.

Makes sense, to be honest i didnt know if you could do this or not. I just saw that you could edit all in the box and from past experience on other forums i knew you could change it if the box is editable (sp?).

I also know from also having a phpBB forum that when you disable the option of changing your name it means you cannot edit anything as there is no box to edit in. I can only assume the way it is on Ozzu there must be some sort of Hack added.

If there is a hack then is it possible to find out what that is? i might use this in the future when i set up another web forum.
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you could change it to "Enigmatic" I would appreciate it as this is the name I`m chaning other forums too.

If not I understand the reasons behind it and won't argue.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

welcome to ozzu Enigmatic :thumbsup:
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki

Post 3+ Months Ago