View Your Posts

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is there any way for me to remove posts from the View Your Posts list if I'm not interested in the thread anymore?
I don't want to kill the thread, I just want to remove it from my list.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think so
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well you can mark a topic to be watched, its at the very bottom of each thread.

And then go to: http://www.ozzu.com/watched_topics.php

Also a link is located under Posting Information
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't want it to be watched, I want to see at all. That's what I'm asking. How do I remove it from the View Your Posts list?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can't, sorry. Why do you want to do that? Because it's old and cluttering up the view your post? I'd want to be able to do what you're asking as well. Maybe BigWeb should make a mod or find a mod so we would be able to do that. Or just use RSS if thats what you would want to do.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's exactly why I want to do that. A thread is useless to me after it has 26 responses. By that time, the problem should be solved. If it's not, either there was a lack of communication or it was just one of those things where someone really needed to be there to help.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The view your posts are essentially the same thing as searching your handle in the OZZU search. It's essentially all the posts you've ever made. Bogey is correct. You can't remove topics from that list without deleting them permanently from the board which defeats the purpose of OZZU.

The alternative to using view your posts, is to flag topics you want to watch, then use the View watched topics link. Then when you're done with them, elliminate them from there. It should essentially accomplish what you are after.

To flag a topic as watched, scroll to bottom of this post in lower left click the link that says watch this topic. It will then show up in your watched topics link. When you're done watching. That same option has changed to stop watching topic. That will remove it from the watched topics link
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
The view your posts are essentially the same thing as searching your handle in the OZZU search. It's essentially all the posts you've ever made. Bogey is correct. You can't remove topics from that list without deleting them permanently from the board which defeats the purpose of OZZU.

The alternative to using view your posts, is to flag topics you want to watch, then use the View watched topics link. Then when you're done with them, elliminate them from there. It should essentially accomplish what you are after.

To flag a topic as watched, scroll to bottom of this post in lower left click the link that says watch this topic. It will then show up in your watched topics link. When you're done watching. That same option has changed to stop watching topic. That will remove it from the watched topics link

Well, I guess that alternative is better than I thought :D
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

That sounds like a good idea. I might try that.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've been trying the watched topic idea. There is only one draw back.
I have to remember how many answers there were to each post to avoid having to re-read each one.

Using "View Your Posts" is easier because of the red check mark showing it was updated since the last time I looked.

Why isn't that used in watched topics?

Edit: How do I stop notification of replies? No, is checked in my profile. Do I have to uncheck it each time?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

You need to click on "Watched Topics" on the menu to the left which takes you to this link:

http://www.ozzu.com/watched_topics.php

In there you can uncheck everything you are currently watching so that you do not get any replies anymore.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

I want the replies. I don't want the email notification of them.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

If no is checked, then you should not get notification. Trying setting it to yes and submit, then set it to no and submit.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm starting to like the notification, since there is no red check mark like there is in View Your Posts. I think I'll just leave it for now.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think he's right Bigweb. I never watch topics since I view them all but there are no icons in the view watched topics link to indicate whether there are new topics or not. I clicked a few relatively hot topics to watch just to see what Don is refering to and no joy. The watched topics are there, but no indication if new posts or not via the standard icons.

//ps that's on the light them. I never use smartDark anymore.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don can I ask a question? Are you using the smartDark theme or the newer default light them? I'm using the new light theme and I had this topic marked watched and I have no checked for notifications and I didn't get any.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmmm I didn't have this topic watched (thought I did), but as noted above picked a few others to watch and danged. I have "no" selected too but I got email notification as well.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

I didn't set any theme, so I guess it's the default. There must be a bug in the notification thing.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

That is the correct PHPBB behavior. Remember before there was no "Watched Topics" management area (that was a mod), so the only way the default PHPBB could let anybody know about a watched topic was to email them. I would have to customize more of PHPBB to add that option in.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am talking about notification being set to NO and yet the notifications being sent anyway.

Secondly, I would like to see the watched topic area could use the red checks, as the others do, to denote a new reply since the last page was viewed.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

The default PHPBB behavior is this (I think, maybe someone can verify this): If you have notifications set to yes and then you watch some topics, you will get emails when there are new responses on those threads. Now if you change the notification back to no in your profile, those topics that were being watched still won't be affected by the change. It would only affect any new watched topics you make at that point. So your old ones would get emails, and the new ones wouldn't. That is the default PHPBB behavior as far as I can tell.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can verify this.. Prior to this post, I never "watched" topics. I knew it was there and knew what it did but never bothered since I read most posts. My profile has always been "no" on notifications. But since watching a couple topics re: prior rreply I did get notifications. So Don is right. Even if your profile is set to no, the notifications still come. Test it yourself. Make sure your profile is set to no, then watch this topic and a few others. Bet you get them.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had notification set to NO since the day I joined. It was never set to YES.

Another thing I noticed is, everytime I reply to a watched topic, I have to tell it to watch it again.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

test
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don2007 wrote:
Another thing I noticed is, everytime I reply to a watched topic, I have to tell it to watch it again.

Hmmmm..... you are quite right on that. I was wondering why this topic kept disappearing from my watched topics list.
  • iceforever.diamonds
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

well maybe you could ask the moderator to do it for you...
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not going to make more work for anyone. I can live with it.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

iceforever.diamonds wrote:
well maybe you could ask the moderator to do it for you...

Don't know what you mean. ATNO/TW is a SUPER Moderator and the Admin has seeing this as well. What do you mean? Care to clarify?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 28 posts