Website Review Forum

• neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Would it be possibly to say, prune posts in this forum over 2 months old or something like that? Maybe not prune, but remove the links to? I for one am having trouble beating out Ozzu on the search engines :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

That is a known issue with posts there. I know Bigwebmaster is reluctant to prune forums, but I see how it is a problem. I'm curious what he thinks.

This is certainly an issue worth looking at.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had exactly the same problem when I posted a website of mine for review - in the end I deleted the topic and eventually it dropped out the search engines - but before that it would come up near the top when people searched for that business name :)
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I simply recommend you change the topic of your thread to the domain name if the regular title is competiting. You are also welcome to get a moderator to lock the thread if you want it to slowly sink to the bottom so that its less likely to show up in the Search Engines. The main reason I am reluctant to remove threads, especially these, are that many people took the time and effort to respond to your thread and it would be a shame to have to delete their posts simply because of the SERPs.
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh no I completely understand, that's why I suggested perhaps removing the links. Although I'm not sure if there's an automated process for that...
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well again, if you are concerned, just remove the link after you feel you've received enough feedback.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes thats also a great idea Brandon!
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with Bigweb on requesting it be locked to sink it.

Open topics with links removed will eventually draw "where's the link" questions bumping the topic back up.
As for deleting, what if someone posted 3 reviews awhile before posting their own site for review.. If the topics with their reviews were gone a moderator may lock someone who gave 3 good reviews topic for no reason.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah I deleted mine only because work wasn't too pleased Ozzu website review thread was getting better placement in Google than the official website and asked me to remove it :oops:

I think locking it is a good idea (if they request) :thumbsup:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts