If you could change one thing at Ozzu what would you change?

• subs2boom
  • Born
  • Born
  • subs2boom

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, I'm asked what I would like changed... well I don't come here very often so I can't tell what I would like changed. I will try to come here more often now that I'm almost finished with college and can probably give better advice and hopefully be ready for the "changing one thing" question if I'm ever asked again.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• corexian
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • corexian

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are some really amazing jewels in the forums, it just takes a while to find them. It might be cool if there were some way to vote on things we found really helpful so that it would gravitate to the top, regardless of age of the post.

This way it would be less of a hunt to find an answer to a question or bug we're trying to fix. I'm personally a developer, so I tend to look for efficient code methods that may be better than mine.

Also, I suspect that from the jewels, if some one wanted to take the time, it would be easy to compose a few great tutorials.

I really like the color scheme on here (light text on a dark background) if that helps any.
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

it`s been so long since i dint post here.
As far as i remember, i liked this forum but then i got too busy to look over. I`ll have to stick some more to get an idea of what can be changed. Though i agree with the guys who said that
Quote:
1. Tutorials and a code / application repository.
2. Coding challenges! I am dying to see how the pros around here solve problems
3. Some form of loyalty program, not $$$ but just something so the individual feels like he / she is a valued member of Ozzu. Also so newer members know to take them seriously.
4. TERRIBLE QUESTIONS: I personally haven't made any productive posts in a long time because the questions being posted are really horrible and the user feed back from a reply is non existent. The suggestion above of having a most frequently asked questions thingy would be great

haha, i completly agree with the number 4 ... add a section for how a question must be formulated. As far i found a site http://www.sloperama.com/advice/lesson30.htm where it`s explain clear why some questions are plain stupid.

ah, and no white background. please on the forum, it will ruin my eyes. Probably even the gray should be darker :D
  • Dughy
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Romania/Galati

Post 3+ Months Ago

One thing that would be great ... A FEEDBACK TUTORIAL... like lets say.. people would like to learn things.. in css html flash what ever.. so perhapes you should make like a page where people can come and select what kind of dayly tutorials to get in their mails... and after a while with this tutorial that they studied and work.. to develope new projects that can be brought in a competition of some sowrth.. what i mean is with what they can learn.. creating a chalange between users to creat their most beautiful and most organized specialty(web page, program, media design) to win something in that competition!
  • Fleet_Ad
  • Loc: Pickerington Ohio

Post 3+ Months Ago

Come to think of it, nothing, at all. Its pretty dang perfect the way it is now, setup is organized, colors are awesome, and its better than most of the other forums. Example "HOW I FIX THIZ?" *Answer* "LOLOL U SUK IT DON WORKZ" You know, the noobish type setting. Awesome all around, and...Yeah! I win ^_^
  • robinh4
  • robinh4

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't really think anything needs to be changed on this board. I like the colours but maybe change the colours for a change. Other than that everything here is pretty good.
  • craigk
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: New Mexico

Post 3+ Months Ago

My greatest desire would be a section on SEO on a budget. Most anyone can use SW to design a farily decent website but the real trick is driving traffic there on a shoestring budget.
Craig
http://www.taurustechnicalsolutions.com
http://www.nationwidetransmissions.com
  • haowee
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • haowee
  • Loc: Singapore

Post 3+ Months Ago

Maybe you should have a section where members offer free templates for other to work on.
  • MsSue_66
  • Born
  • Born
  • MsSue_66

Post 3+ Months Ago

I havent really had the chance to look around much. So right now I can't really provide any input. I do know I am having a hard time with feedback forms. I have designed a few sites, but still having a tough time getting people in my area to notice.
  • zcorpan
  • Student
  • Student
  • zcorpan

Post 3+ Months Ago

JakSmit wrote:
colour scheme. somethig easier on the eyes, like a white background or something?
+1
  • steven420
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • steven420

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would like to see some tutorials on different topics.
  • neohackershadow
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • neohackershadow

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the same thing as stev420
  • PolishHurricane
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Make the "Programming" forum a category, and then give different types of popular programming languages their own forum, and if you don't feel like listing them all, then just put Misc programming languages as one of the forums. It would make it cleaner and easier to read. Along with people going somewhere for one language. Just my 2 cents. 8)
  • eXcursus
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

Highlighting on a few comments first...

Themes - I use both light and dark templates with my site/forum. The reason? Read the last 10 pages :lol:

Main page - For those who mentioned having a home page that's not the index, I couldn't agree more. For phpBB, I HIGHLY recommend Smartor's--dirt easy to customize.

Ok...

Only ONE thing - I say change that damn subSilver "mark post as read" button to match smartDark. Images that don't match make the site look cheap.
  • sputnik
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • sputnik

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wouldn't change a thing.
  • al_ngl
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, I don't know what you should change, I think the forum's fine.
  • Lefty
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: North Dakota, United States

Post 3+ Months Ago

The forum is fine and very informative. However the couple of times Ihave asked questions some of the answers were only as good as those writting them. While some people are very educated, others are not, but in a web forum as this you have no way to ID good advice from bad, of course you get what you pay for. The board as well as most users are great.

Lefty
  • SweetDreamsSweet
  • Born
  • Born
  • SweetDreamsSweet
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hiya,
thank you for the invite for feedback on this forum.
First I want to say sorry, I totally forgot all about this forum but have added it to my favs.
Second, I think tutorials would be a great bonus added to this site. I know I could learn a lot from them.
sweetdreamssweet
  • Mas Sehguh
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Rabid Dog stole my opinions. Especially number 4.
  • moldytwig
  • Born
  • Born
  • moldytwig
  • Loc: Tempe, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey great site. i dont use it often but i like the theme you got goin. it looks awesome.

if anything, might i suggest more info / support for php-nuke. most of my question involve nuke, phpbb, etc.
  • kevsterb007
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • kevsterb007

Post 3+ Months Ago

The colorscheme... I like the linkfader, but it's too dark overall.
  • RSMEDUDE
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I everyone,

I have not been active in a very long time but I tend to agree with the trend that seams to be being set here. I would agree a tutorials section would be most helpful. I am one of those people that I know what I want to ask but never know the words to use to express what I am looking for. Perhaps a scheme selector would be nice too for those who are not "feeling" this scheme (no offence to anyone)... Over all I feel this board has a lot going for it I just have been to busy with "real life" to be around so much. :D

I like the Template Idea especially since I am the kind of guy that writes templates when ever I learn something new so that I don't forget. I would be willing to share some of mine with the group if that ever materialized. Perhaps different section for different templates... like a CSS, HTML, ASP, PHP, and so on... oh well ok I think I went over my alluded about of things and have rambled on enough. Hope the information provided by myself and others helps you out BWM. Everyone take it easy.
  • themightyfu
  • themightyfu

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would like to see some tutorials
  • William.morales-diaz
  • Born
  • Born
  • William.morales-diaz

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
If you could change ONLY one thing at Ozzu what would you change?

I am looking for feedback to help determine what the most important issues with ozzu are right now. Please only state the most important thing that YOU would want changed or added. I would like this limited to ONE PER MEMBER so that I can get a good feel what is the most important overall to members. Do not respond to other posts here. Please only state what you would want changed and if you need to you may edit your post. If you post more than once your post may be merged/deleted. If someone has already mentioned the exact one thing what you want changed PLEASE do repeat it in your own words again. This will give me an idea what members think are most essential.

If you are not a very active member at ozzu it would be most helpful if you could really give your feedback. Maybe explain what would make you more active at ozzu if something was changed.

If you used to be active at Ozzu but left for a reason due to how something goes on here please do not hesitate to voice your thoughts.

If you have just never been very active here and you think there is something essential that could be changed to resolve this, please do post.

Finally if you feel nothing needs to be changed (unlikely), then you are welcome to say that.

I really appreciate all the feedback from members on this post. While I would like to improve all sorts of areas on ozzu, I would like to start with the most important first. I would like to get a feel for what is most essential to members.

Thank you,

Brian
]

I would like to see the colors of OZZU changed to more eye-catching colors, because some of the colors, especially black makes it most of the times hard to find buttons and links on it. Thank you. Other than that, I think you have a very good forum here.
Cheers,
William.morales-diaz
  • Pho3NIX_Te@rs43
  • Born
  • Born
  • Pho3NIX_Te@rs43

Post 3+ Months Ago

WOW i havent been here in forever... look at my damn name....such a noob.i was looking through my old email inbox... i had to veiw an old list of saved passwords to find my username :P anyways thanks for reminding me. ill probably be around alot more now... anyways, im not sure what i would change, havent been here in a while..
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

Expand OZZU into a gaming community to add to the wonderful community already made. I know at least a few people on this forum play FPS games. Why not start a tourny, league, or a team!
  • Gish
  • Gish

Post 3+ Months Ago

I, like a lot of people, haven't been here for quite a while.
I am honestly not sure what I would change. If anything I would stick with how it is. (eg. colour scheme, content)
  • j0seph
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: M'boro TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I haven't been active in the forums in a few months now, but I foresee myself being more active in the future, and as for my One thing to change....
hmm... It would be more like an addition, it would be a wiki-style knowledge base, unlike tutorials, it would be easier to edit on the fly...
  • Kakura
  • Kakura

Post 3+ Months Ago

me would say better color, the one now just blah, maybe sum others mix
  • samp
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • samp

Post 3+ Months Ago

i would like to see featured sites of the week / month, as members post their sites for competition these sites are emailed to other members to help promote ppls work. Clicking on website reviews could have a random featured site for example with thumbnail etc
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 382 posts