If you could change one thing at Ozzu what would you change?

• ramone_johnny
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • ramone_johnny
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for providing this opportunity bigwebmaster. The ONE thing that frustrates me with ozzu are people providing incorrect, unuseful, and just plain stupid advice.

I think ozzu needs to be more vigilant towards those not contributing useful information on the site.

I wont mention any names -
http://www.ozzu.com/profile.php?mode=vi ... le&u=21284
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• GELSCREW
  • Born
  • Born
  • GELSCREW

Post 3+ Months Ago

havnt been here for like a 2 years but erm more tutotrials?
  • tj-rip
  • tj-rip

Post 3+ Months Ago

a search bar on every page?
  • adminsr
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • adminsr
  • Loc: Michigan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can only say competitions. There have been a few and I know that prizes are a bit much, a site's got to make money or at least break even. Graphics, design, flash, there are so many opportunities.
  • RonTocknell
  • RonTocknell
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, a loo would be good (that's a "restroom" for US visitors...... 'though I've never known anyone go into a restroom for a rest). The hours I spend in front of the computer with a bladder on the point of exploding but I can never drag myself away. A website with a loo (ladies AND gents, of course) would be brilliant. I LOVE American loos! They're so much more civilised than British loos. For ages I couldn't figure out how the urinals knew when you'd finished until I noticed the little red light flashing. Infrared sensors! How cool is that!!? Oh, and could we have one with those disposable, tissue paper seat covers? Some people are fussy about that sort of thing. Actually, as winter is coming, heated seats would be good. My old "farmers" (as in "Farmer Giles"... rhyming slang for piles.... it's an English thing) would really appreciate that.

Well..... That's it....... maybe a shower would be good but I don't want to be unreasonable.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

One thing to change...get back outside the box and think up a way to implement a FAQ [thread, separate page, chat, totally new idea...however you want to implement it]. No more excuses about the lack of staffing or time to take on such tasks...USE YOUR BIGGEST ASPECT - your members! If conglomos can use horizontal informational trading with their VERY OWN competitors to INCREASE their own margin, surely you could use dedicated members to boost your own site! If you are content with it the way it is, then we're good like we are...however, if you want to continually improve, you're going to have to trust a network of people to help you achieve your goals. There are various ways to put checks in place to make sure corruption stays out - I've proposed them before, and I've been ignored before. If you're interested, I'd gladly answer a PM sent to me without the masses...look at the response you got from asking for comments because members thought they were being solicited to help! Look how quick people here jump on job offers...there are starving, talented people here who would cut off an arm to become involved....use that.
  • Sohaib
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

New Theme.
  • ZiNNiZ
  • ZiNNiZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

i would make me admin, lol, nah j/k, i would change the logo...
  • suss
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Mainly Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

ONE thing. I shall not be disobedient, I would love for the opportunity to change to a lighter theme, But I dont think the black as standard/default should go away... =)
  • Bizymommie
  • Bizymommie

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the notice and invitation for ozzu feedback. Sounds personally diplomatic. :D I really enjoy your forum look and feel here.
  • GhodMode
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

My answer is (for now) don't change anything. I'll start using Ozzu more. Lets see what kind of community we can build up. After all, this site has something the other forums don't have: groovy color-changing links :Fade-color

I haven't used Ozzu that much, but I can't say it's because of any particular flaws. I'm just starting out as a Freelance Web Developer. So, this type of message board appeals to me. The reason is that there are so many out there. I have accounts with at least ten of them as well as several mailing lists.

When I have a new question to pose to someone with more expertise than me, I choose based on the community more than the quality of the message board. Where have I received the best answers?

For example, I also have an account with another site... it's horrible. It's loaded with ads, navigation is a pain in the neck, and they're constantly asking for money, but I've received some excellent answers from people there who really know their tihs.

I'll give another example. A better forum can't be found. I'll even break an unwritten rule and mention the name of the site: perlmonks.org. I can typically post a complex question there and have it answered a few minutes later. The author of the Llama book is very active there. It's only problem is that it's only for Perl. Very little of the credit for the quality of the board goes to it's creator, though. It's all in the community.

-- Ghodmode
  • Zadig
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: NZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think that the only thing recommend is more stickies! They are great for newbs like myself, and they save the mods some time as well.

Apart from that, this site is my first stop when i have a problem, and its usually resolved fairly quickly.

Just keep on keeping on.
  • adminsr
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • adminsr
  • Loc: Michigan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Maybe rather than more stickies, just a section where faqs that might be stuck could be sent. It could save a ton of work.
  • pucci
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Brooklyn, New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

It seems like a small point, but I'm not crazy about the gothic look of the site. It seems too down for my tastes, I'm sure others love it.
  • Ted
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Ted
  • Loc: Victoria, BC, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

The color scheme is a problem for me, too; I can hardly read anything without staring for a while. Thing is, light colored fonts (ie. your white on black) need to be larger to be legible. I have a great 19" monitor at 1280x1024, but I have a horrid time reading stuff. So either flip the color or increase the font sizes. Just my preference.

When I joined, it was because I was searching for something and, while searching, found someone else with a question I could answer... so I helped out.

I want to improve my own skills too, but its a tradeoff. I can't read a ton of stuff here if it keeps me from cranking out my own content on each of my own sites (four right now). What would be great is RSS feeds by forum. I can scan hundreds of messages an hour using RSS to pick the ones I want to get into depth on. So, if there was a functional change, I would say add RSS feeds.
  • aboyd
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

My only suggestion would be to be very careful with the suggestions here. There are a few that clearly appeal to the person making the suggestion, but they hold no relevance to me (and, I suspect, no relevance to most visitors to this site). There are a handful of suggestions that seem to be recurring themes, so I would consider them. It appears that an alternative to the existing theme would be welcome (although I'd keep the existing theme as the default). It also appears that tutorials are maybe a worthwhile pursuit. I would give you a tip about that, as I'm going to try something similar for publisherdatabase.com. I'm going to create a forum for people to post tutorials, and I'm going to hack the New Topic button so that anyone posting to that forum automatically has a poll attached to their tutorial. That way, people can vote if the tutorial is good or bad. Then, I'm going to use a hacked version of phpBB Blog (http://www.outshine.com) to create a list of all the top-rated tutorials. You could try something similar. Or just wait for me to write my code & release it, although that might be a while. :)

-Tony
  • DANVOICAN
  • Born
  • Born
  • DANVOICAN

Post 3+ Months Ago

everything looks great and I would not change a thing.
  • ephemeral
  • Born
  • Born
  • ephemeral

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
If you are not a very active member at ozzu it would be most helpful if you could really give your feedback. Maybe explain what would make you more active at ozzu if something was changed.

I'm not a very active member at all, but that has nothing to do with the quality of this forum. I've just been really busy, and haven't been here since I reformatted.

A larger skin collection would be nice, although I quite like the default.

The site's great as far as I'm concerned. No real suggestions.
  • zudo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • zudo

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would delete the internet and ummmm... change the colors orange and yellow
  • blackhart
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • blackhart
  • Loc: Hartbeat

Post 3+ Months Ago

ive been out of touch for a while been soo busy i never even go online anymore but i see this site deffin'ty needs a new layout. just to spruce it up a little. change can be good sometimes. and if its not trust me we will be the first to let you know.
  • pnguine
  • Born
  • Born
  • pnguine

Post 3+ Months Ago

the colors
  • Russkie
  • Russkie

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think whoever says change the colors is nuts... THAT is whats cool about this place, saw a buncha forums and they look all the same, black is a cool color, suave, Keep it AND put the shades on!
  • hostking
  • hostking
  • Loc: Montana

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm sorry, but I haven't spent much time on this forum. But if I had to say one thing, it would be related to how busy the site is. It may be that I haven't spend much time here, but it seems like there are a lot of things to take in when reviewing posts.
On a side note, I like the color scheme. It is easy on the eyes. Hope this helps.
Matt Moore
  • cordellsr
  • Born
  • Born
  • cordellsr
  • Loc: Dallas

Post 3+ Months Ago

I asked a question 6 months ago about a problem being dicussed, relevant to my issue--never saw a reply. Maybe it was a dumb question? Where is the forum for people who ask dumb questions?
  • ramakrishna01
  • Born
  • Born
  • ramakrishna01
  • Loc: Bangalore

Post 3+ Months Ago

I feel most of the things are proper. Right now I dont find anything to be changed.

Regards.
Ramakrishna D
  • Boredoomzzz
  • Born
  • Born
  • Boredoomzzz

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its been a very long time i didnt logon to this site. can change the colour scheme and the speed(?).
  • fwendt
  • fwendt
  • Loc: Porto Alegre, Brazil

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have using Ozzu at relative recent time, and have found a lot of great content here.

My sugestions to increase it are:
- A sample code repository
- A base knowlegment for incoming comom requests
- Exporting forum threads at XML and PDF (agregating services)

Thats all. Thank you.
  • gaurav_cs2000
  • Born
  • Born
  • gaurav_cs2000

Post 3+ Months Ago

May b the colour scheme...but then i think whether this is the only thing that distinct u from other forums....

Anyway i wud like u to introduce small and basic level challenges in coding n design and yes please do provide the best solution to all so that they can know what is a quality product and what they are lagging.

Thnxs
Gaurav Gupta
  • ramone_johnny
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • ramone_johnny
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I cant believe we are given this opportunity to provide useful feedback and all Im seeing is something as cheesy as "change the colours - I dont like them"

RJ
  • TByte
  • Born
  • Born
  • TByte

Post 3+ Months Ago

Being a bit new... to the site yet...I've found the information fairly easy to find and did/do not have any current complaints. In being fair with only just joining I have no brash break fix type comments.

Thanks,

--Tbyte
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 382 posts