If you could change one thing at Ozzu what would you change?

• lemiwinks1
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: out of my mind:its dark and scary in there

Post 3+ Months Ago

cowkiller wrote:
i would like to see ozzu get bigger, full site.. such as by adding:
tutorials
free templates
news on tech stuff (rss or something)
and only members can see this or download templates or something like that
add light and dark thems

aswell as

ringmaster wrote:
Put something on the front of your site that pulls the cream from the message boards
so that ozzu would be a full fledged website instead of JUST a forum

dont get me wrong this is one of the best sites(mostly due to cool people on your staff and posters)
but i think it would be awsome for ozzu to expand.

L8R bigweb
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• hyawatha15
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • hyawatha15
  • Loc: Antioch, IL

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the main thing you should add are TUTORIALS.
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

The real big thing I think should be changed is in website reviews you have the one website only limit.

A lot of people have more than one website. I think you'll notice you do too. It is very difficult having one huge post about all of them.

But I know that there are people who would take advantage of this rule and post a topic for every section of their site.

So dont make it unlimited. Try these rules:

1) You can post a maximum of 3 sites for review

2) For every topic you post you must review atleast 3 other sites.

And everything should work smoothly.
  • kvitske
  • kvitske

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think there should be tutorials...!
  • Vanessa
  • Born
  • Born
  • Vanessa

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow!! bigwebmaster, your HOT!! :) to answer your questions, I think I posted on Ozzu a while ago, and I dont remember the success of the post, so i really sorry I can' t help you.
But I do think you are a good looking Brian:) if that's any consolation.
heheheee lol, have a good one!
VL
  • gloryninja
  • gloryninja

Post 3+ Months Ago

Personally I think Ozzu is a great site, Nothing needs to be changed. But mabey A choice of themes/styles to choose from. Forgive me if this is already said or done... But...
  • yazer
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • yazer

Post 3+ Months Ago

If I were the owner, I'd take all the old posts (older than 1 year) and convert them to tutorials... Like squeeze the forums and make a nice syrup! :D
the problem is I don't usually find wt i am lookin for with the search and I have to start a new topic cuz i can't browse 20 pages of topics...
  • click4pardeep
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: india

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would like to see a better Theme or a New Design which is easy to eyes.
  • websurfer
  • Born
  • Born
  • websurfer

Post 3+ Months Ago

I lost all my info on a computer carsh and I am glad you guys contacted me, so it is important from time to time to drop a line to the users.

Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

.:My two cents:.
  • Abelius
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Miami Beach, FL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

One thing I would change is the attitude of some of the mods...

But I am not going to go into details of what happened to me, as I dont want (and don't need) more drama in here...

So long, and thanks for the PM...
  • computer
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

hello Brian,

Personally I think Ozzu is a great site.
but personally i feel that you should add one section in which we can learn about computer(not me :) ) including assembling of computer,tutorials on hardwares and on different computer languages and on different type of programming like that.

Best of luck

computer
  • A.M. Creation Records
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I haven't been here in a long time, and I don't think I ever used this forum much, but I think that there should be more content on the site. It seems to be a waste with just having a forum. I think you need to have interesting information, maybe contests, or maybe even a section in everyone's profile where we can post links of our design work, and maybe even have a gallery where we can upload pics of our work and others can comment on it. Whatever ..just something to keep people coming back. [/url]
  • Zackeriney
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Zackeriney

Post 3+ Months Ago

tutorials, web design codes
  • rezzkilla
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • rezzkilla
  • Loc: Alabama

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ozzu has been great. This213 has helped me on occasion and I fully agree with his post. Many of my threads i begin with 'how to..' because a good tutorial is what any novice programmer is really looking for.
I dig the dragon, the name, and the colors. Please do not change unless given the option to keep current settings.
Again, thanks for all the help OZZU.
  • Sohaib
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

make me an admin... I wanna ban ATNO for a day or two... muahahah
  • Jaw
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Minneapolis, MN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, RIA (Rich Internet Architecture) is just around the corner and I'm already starting to work with Macromedia FLEX 2. I think it would be wise to start another forum for RIA Developers.
  • blackhart
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • blackhart
  • Loc: Hartbeat

Post 3+ Months Ago

ramone_johnny wrote:
I cant believe we are given this opportunity to provide useful feedback and all Im seeing is something as cheesy as "change the colours - I dont like them"

RJ

The reason for this is cuz we LIKE Ozzu. Thier isn't really anything wrong with the site. But when you vist a site everyday for months, once in a while you'd like to see different colors
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I waited a bit before posting, because I was curious to see if it hadn't already been mentioned, but this is a design forum that OZZU is lacking.

WAP / WML

OZZU has no specific forum for programming / designing for mobile access.

Because I read a lot here, I recognize there is not a dire need for such a forum, as OZZU currently stands, but web designers should be looking into this, and there should be a forum for it. The world is mobile. People are reading their emails on their cellphones night and day (even as I type).

Give us WAP!! It fits in quite well with OZZU's purpose of a design forum. I've been around the block, but right now if an employer asked me to make his website WAP "friendly" and accessable, I would be clueless.
  • lowster11
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lowster11
  • Loc: Sacramento

Post 3+ Months Ago

nothing, I would leave it the same.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Utilization of groups.

I'm not saying anyone is better than anyone else overall, but I am saying some people are better at some things than others.

I see alot of confusion in this area.
Visual, constant recognition is desirable.
  • bitrunner
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bitrunner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was unaware I was a member of this site. It seems pretty good. I don't really have any suggestions since I never go here. Maybe hold some seminars/webinar type deals? don't know, like at sitepoint for clues. :/
  • coolio49085

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think pre set up "how-to's" would be great
  • JulieAsking
  • JulieAsking

Post 3+ Months Ago

Apologies if this comes in as a double post but I'm not convinced my first reply went through.

I would join with those who request tutorials. Also, a lighter colour, though not white, would be easier on the eyes.

I have not been here for some time but from my previous visits I still remain with a positive feel for Ozzu.

Regards
Xtreme1
http://home.exetel.com.au/tribute
  • ola2005
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

change the website background to a lighter colour for all to see and a tutorial on all major web platforms
  • etechsupport
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know whether some one has mentioned it or not, I suggest to add e-commerce and off topic section on this board. Although I love ozzu even without this.
  • ComputerManDan
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ComputerManDan
  • Loc: Ohio, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The biggest thing I would like to see added is some type of central repository of information. Searching forum posts for the meat of the information is an art and takes time. I am not sure if this could be done with a combination of a FAQ section along with say some TUTORIALS or some type of Helpful Code Info.

My reasoning is so that if say I am working on a project and I need help say adding something like a "light a candle in memory of" page to a site. Digging through the forums could take forever and not really point me in the right direction. If there was a page that listed things such as "Light a candle" or "Refer a Friend to this site" or even broader topics like "Flash" with links to any FAQ, Tutorials, Forum Posts, Some actual working code in PHP, ASP type sections, and links to outside information on the topic.

Thank you for asking our opinions :D
  • SeaDubb
  • SeaDubb
  • Loc: Arizona

Post 3+ Months Ago

Brian,

Thanks for asking for our opinions. It looks like you asked a good question. Sixteen pages of replies in just four days. Not bad.

I have always been bothered at attempts to overly simplify complex things. There is no One Most Important Thing that is going to significantly improve anything. However, in deference to your specific question, I'll follow the example of tedmistro and say "Organization". I agree with MeineChrista when she talks about "breaking down the different areas of programming into programming sections".

I spend most of my visit time in the Programming / Scripting / Coding Forum. In my organizational opinion, it should start with a single page. That page should immediately vector off into at least 25 aspects of web programming, only one or two of which should be PHP-centric. Each of those Aspect Sections should have the kinds of things that have been mentioned many times on these sixteen pages: FAQs, tutorials with actual working code, and then of course, the forum we know and love so well.

In my opinion, the single biggest weakness of this site is the difficulty of finding material even close to what we want to find. Recently I have been getting into Ajax and working the DOM with JavaScript. A little later I'll be learning about SSL, HTTPS and secure email service. Along the way I had a question about XUL and had no place to ask it except in the One Big Programming Forum. That posting was nothing by noise for 99% of the fine people who found 125 pages of posting with essentially No Organization Whatever. It took two days for some fine person to come along, notice the question and answer it. It doesn't need to be so difficult. We are almost as busy as you are and this place would be much more useful if it were better organized and if those running it would understand that there is a lot of things going on out there that do not involve PHP.

Like says the sweet little lady that presides over the House of Commons in the UK as she bangs her gavel on the table: "Oa-duh! Oa-duh I saw-ee! Oa-duh!". Could we please have some Oa-duh in the forum?
  • bluey_3
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bluey_3

Post 3+ Months Ago

tho i'm still a newbie, but since you have invited me to give you a feedback. I would like to add a sidebar that have links to other forum pages and shows those online members. And maybe have a page that introduce this site a bit.
  • Mall23
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd like to see a site with a lighter color.
And, a business oriented area to discuss hosting or development company business issues.
  • jack47
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jack47
  • Loc: LONDON ENGLAND

Post 3+ Months Ago

iM TOO NEW TO CRITISIZE OR SUGGEST CHANGES.I HAVE FOUND EVERY ONE HELPFULL AND ANY PROPLEMS IVE HAD HAVE ALL BEEN SORTED THROUGH POSTS. MABYE SOME COULD POST REPLY,S IN MORE SIMPLE TERMS FOR THOSE OF US WITH LITTLE KNOWLEDGE OF COMPUTERS.

:) :lol: :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 382 posts