If you could change one thing at Ozzu what would you change?

• john551
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • john551

Post 3+ Months Ago

Reading white on black is really hard on eyes. I would definetely change the color combination. Light background, dark text.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• player
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

It gotto be the LOGO man. See my logo goes 'hand in hand' with my name. everytime I come here its like I have visited a martial arts or Asian Restaurant website.
  • bLunT
  • Loc: Atlanta, GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I haven't really had the chance to explore the pros and cons of Ozzu. But judging from it's current appearance, I don't think there's much to be altered including the theme - it's just perfect.

keep up the good work and keep this baby running. :wink:
  • Emersed
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: New Zealand

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey guys :) thanks for the email BWM .. have had my head immersed deeply in study that its good to come here to unwind.

No sugestions from me as yet. perhaps If I hung here more often you would have more sugestions :)
  • Coraxus
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Coraxus
  • Loc: DryDock Station orbiting over Sov. Latifundia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wonder if there could be a much easier method to quickly answer simple questions that may seem too insignificant to warrant a thread just for it though. I was thinking of maybe having a chat, but then most ideas concerning chats never really get off the ground.

Now I could use the search to try to find what I'm looking for, but being that this forum has become a giant, I may get hundreds and hundreds of search results and it becomes no different than browsing regularly on the forum all because I'm trying to find this one simple needle in a haystack. *shrugs*
  • Catinahat
  • Catinahat

Post 3+ Months Ago

You guys do a pretty good job here and response time would be the only thing I can think of right now but understand with the membership of your site of not being able to "get right on it".
  • FlamingpyroXXX

Post 3+ Months Ago

i havnt been here in forever, so i havnt had a chance to explore much of the site, except that IMO it looks great. I probably wouldnt change anything
  • sofa_king
  • Student
  • Student
  • sofa_king

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love this forum, it gets me all the help I need to get more knowledge on computers. With experts point out stuff, and giving advices. I love it here. Way to go guys!
  • nancyW
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: London, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, I haven't posted for ages so it is nice to get asked for feedback. I would have to say

1. Tutorials most definitely
2. The heads up on things happening in the web design/development world - articles maybe? Things like the latest algorithm changes on Google which I found out about by accident...and that leads on to my new favourite....
3. RSS! Would LOVE to add ozzu to my favourite feeds and check it first thing each morning

You've reactivated the sleeping nymph here - must come back and post more. Work just got in the way.
  • pramitroy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • pramitroy

Post 3+ Months Ago

john551 wrote:
Reading white on black is really hard on eyes. I would definetely change the color combination. Light background, dark text.

I have the same opinion. I would change the mod.
  • crystalized
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Judging by the other's responses, and my own opinions, I think we should have several skins so that people can pick and choose their own (skin contest?).

Also, I agree with some comments about the fact that "feedback" isn't taken very well by the moderators here. It's all "we don't need that" or "that'll just encourage spam" (as if any other forums couldn't?). It's almost like they know exactly how it will turn out without any willingness to give it a shot.
  • InfinityEye
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: The Netherlands

Post 3+ Months Ago

Maybe an extra theme/style. This is like my second post or so, but I don't think this theme is attractive, or how you want to call it.
That theme could also include a front page or portal.
  • Mendax
  • Born
  • Born
  • Mendax

Post 3+ Months Ago

Definatly tutorials
  • angy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • angy

Post 3+ Months Ago

probably far off but i'd like to see a link exchange forum.
  • lhuser
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

The main thing for me that I'd like to change would be the upgrade to Vb
  • Milorad
  • Milorad
  • Loc: Doboj, Republika Srpska

Post 3+ Months Ago

mmm everithing is people say is ok but I think that only thing mising here is more people :-) and some kind of better search, my only problem is to find something and some kind of start page with all other things like download links news FAQ RSS tutorials and not forum on first page.
Reason why I am not active member with 1000+ posts is that everithing is allredy writen.
And thaks for everything, without OZZU my server and forum would exist in may dreams only :-)
If you understand because me my english is bad bad bad ...
  • dreamzero
  • dreamzero

Post 3+ Months Ago

1.program codes/downloadable available at all times templates...make it more eye catching the design/graphics of this website but the content is very good enough but more through the growing population of technology now a days more powers have a nice day....
  • bugsdeepak
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bugsdeepak
  • Loc: Banglore-India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Thanks for the invitation. I been using this forum when ever I have some doubts. The one thing that I think need to be changed is the exact answer for my queries.

I think the moderators can work out on a strategy to give best results for queries posted.

Regards,
Antony
  • miner
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • miner
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

My only suggestion is move ozzu.com to vB with the latest 3.5.1 version with lots of wonderful features a forum needs, both on admin, security and user sides..

I am not against phpBB but a huge community like ozzu must be swithed to vB.
  • Blake
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would really like to have a number of different skins for us to choose from, and you could change to the new invision board, it would give you a lot more features and it wld look cooler. :)
  • developer_x
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Copenhagen, Denmark

Post 3+ Months Ago

Straightly speaking, the moderators should improve the way they treat the members.

Best of luck,
  • Valeria
  • Born
  • Born
  • Valeria

Post 3+ Months Ago

Personally, I wouldn't really want anything changed. My own inactivity is due to my RL status, making it only possible for me to get online once a week. With my job on another forum, I have been neglecting many others that I shouldn't be. >__<
  • ForwardGraphics
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Panama City Beach, Fl

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm relatively new to the forum but have found it to be a great resource and wonderful community of talented individuals. If I were to make one suggestion I too would ask for tutorials.

For my part, I tell everyone about this forum and hope to be able to contribute more in the future :)
  • Dimatson
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Dimatson

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great website.
Love accessing techy gurus when I'm stuck.
Dark background makes it a wee bit hard on the eyeballs though.
The light grey background in the menu, with the black lettering is easier than white on black.
Swap it around.

But that's just me being extremely picky.
:-)
  • Jigger
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Jigger
  • Loc: Quebec

Post 3+ Months Ago

I gotta say, beeing a student in IT challenges me lots. Every time I needed help for anything, I got it by either chatting bout different ways to do things or dead-on solutions.

I love the people, the look and the feel of OZZU!

Thanks

Jig
  • Tannu4u
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, i feel that there should be a seperate blogs where users can upload different articles, slideshows,PDF & HTML books,Word Files and others types of matter that is useful to other persons who can search this part and get the most.

There must be more info about basic concepts such as basics about WINDOWS LINUX and others.

May be this may help OZZU to become a leader in Knowledge and IT world.

All my best wishes to the Moderators ans the users.

And at last i would like to than all the moderators with whom efforst through this site i have learned a lot.

Amit
  • Ziptop
  • Born
  • Born
  • Ziptop

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've read through a few of the posts to this thread and discovered that my initial thoughts on the subject seem to be echoed quite a lot.

Tutorials.

Tutorials would be a great help, as would other similar learning and productivity tips, software/template downloads.

Sorry, I know its not very original, (especially having read a few of the posts) but it was mt initial thought on the subject.
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

I forgot about Ozzu, actually. *blush* When I have a question about something, I use Google to find an answer. I'm pretty sure that's how I found Ozzu in the first place. What I've found is that there aren't many questions that haven't been asked, answered, and documented a thousand times before they occurred to me. Sadly, in my experience, forums don't lend themselves to efficient searching; consequently, I've been moving away from them and toward webdev portals or technology-specific repositories of information.

I think that the decision to try to be all things to all people would be most detrimental to Ozzu. There are already plenty of web sites with tutorials, with code repositories, with downloads, with directories of links. I don't understand the purpose of reinventing the wheel just to make Ozzu a one-stop shop for its members.

Instead, I would suggest investing that time and effort into making the Ozzu experience more efficient. Someone made a comment about squeezing the posts here and extracting syrup from them. Absolutely. There's this virtual treasure trove here, but what purpose does it serve if members can't make use of it without spending ages digging through irrelevant material?

Re-organise. Streamline. Time should be spent processing all the information that's here. Someone suggested a tutorial wiki, something that can be modified and perfected on an ongoing and collaborative basis. This is a wonderful idea.

Ozzu is about its community. Whatever changes are made should utilise the strength of that community and be made in order to nurture that community and optimise its experience here.

Thanks for reminding me that Ozzu exists, and for asking our opinion. (To that end, fwiw, dmnforums delivers a "HotThreads" newsletter to my Inbox, which goes a *really* long way toward reminding me that they exist. Such a notification process (or, even better, RSS feeds, as suggested by someone else!) would be fantastic addition to the site.
  • twilasue
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

:wink: :wink:

Well, not having time to read, ummm, 18 pages of ideas, I can only speak for myself and say WHOA!

when someone who runs a great board like this takes the time and sends a private im --i know me & 1500 ?? other people got one -- asking for my feedback.

That kind of thing tends to win my loyalty, give me that community/ down home/ wanted feeling (i'm an old sap, yes that's me)

I did see some people mention board colors, and for someone who's eyes are going faster than the rest of her aging bod' I agree, anything that's easier to read is a big plus to me!

But I haven't been here hardly at all, I find a good site then despite my best efforts & my 'latest plan' to track my best resources these things get lost amidst all the bookmarks & rss feeds & my best laid out notes,.

But this place seems to be rocking right along, so why the need for feedback? Are you having trouble with $$ for hosting?? I'm broke myself but I am going to make this a place to give my best try out to and come here or at least swing by once a day. (OK i'm going to try - I don't have much wisdom to impart, lol sorry)

& if it's the cash thing, well just as soon as that free $$ or 2 comes by if I've found as much as it looks like is here I'd gladly send it your way.

I guess I'm saying let's try it out.

what a ramble, go nowhere post, thanks for calling me back here! I've always like when I ended up here.....

name's twilasue
aka
Sandy
  • Kali
  • Born
  • Born
  • Kali
  • Loc: Atlanta

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm with the rest, I'd like to see Tutorials added. I'm self taught on most of what I do as far as webdesign, so I find tutorials expremely helpful.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 382 posts