If you could change one thing at Ozzu what would you change?

• RSMEDUDE
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got another idea that you can take or leave as you wish. I was just looking up my user name so I could find an old thread of mine. I find that something that might be good to add to the member list would be a "search" feature.
  • pramitroy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • pramitroy

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can do that by two ways. You can enter your username in the general search to find all post/topic containing your posts. Or in your profile you can find the link "find all posts by <your username>".
  • pramitroy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • pramitroy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can suggest that the currently browsed forum can be given for online members in their profile.
  • Gordon
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the layout and everything, the only thing I would like to see is some tutorials and articles. They are always useful and like someone already mentioned they would bring in plenty of new visitors and members.
  • frezasaga
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • frezasaga

Post 3+ Months Ago

ask for me......OZZU is perfect, a helpfull member, a good admin,if i wanna changed is the color of the furom......its too black..............changed to light color............
  • kanaduh
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

if one thing could change then i would want it to be that when i ask a question.....who ever answers gives me an answer not a confusing riddle..
  • templastorm
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • templastorm
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would like to see quotes circling around the forums.... maybe at the header.... every time your refresh, thousands of them! :-D
  • shyguyjeff
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

color scheme and design i think... something that can attract more... :roll:
  • s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d
  • s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d
  • Loc: Houston, Texas, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The black theme is great but not in the places where all the input text fields. I find it difficult to find the cursor when typing and I'm on a laptop which adds to the problem of accidentally touching the trackpad and the cursor goes somewhere not intented to be.

Maybe I'm not well versed in this version of your discussion board software because usually under the member profile tab, I ussually expect a setting that allows users to change the theme or look of the interface. So I guess provide an alternative from the "all in black site" for us users who sits in front of a computer that exceed well beyond the daily grind and ease us from the eyestrain that we endure each and everday.

Other than that, it's a great site.
  • pramitroy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • pramitroy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, if you wish to use the black based templates I can suggest for CounterStrike, if something other than black then Cobalt 2.0 is very good.
Finally, it would be a good idea if the members would be given their own choice for the individual theme.
  • ann3
  • Loc: kuala lumpur

Post 3+ Months Ago

i've started coming to this site 8 months back...

i'm fine with the stuff you guys put up here cause i don't bother bout the looks...but the content is very important to me

i have posted few things asking some help...some of the patrons does help me...a lot...but sadly, the newbies aren't given help that much from the moderators ...

just a few of the 'old' people here does give attention to people like me...

in the end, i stop posting and asking bout my problems in programming
....and i just visit here to see what's new....

i hope ur realize that when u put up such effort on a website like this, make sure u maintain it very well interms of your objective of setting this piece up.....because your stuff is very good but ur people aren't that good...
  • Chris-Duff
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

hI BWM

Tutorial would certainly be a good idea - Ozzu could expand and be more than a forum - but informative site with articles - tutorial etc

a bit like http://www.dmxzone.com/ - or http://www.flash-db.com/

but since Ozzu covers many topics the site could be massive and be even more a reference for people in this line of work around the globe.

since there are many expert in their own fields passionate about what they do and regular to Ozzu, I am sure that tutorial and info would flow easily.

The reward for the people submitting tutorial ?? let them put theit own url on the articles for their ranking.

I would be up for that :D
  • karyo
  • Born
  • Born
  • karyo

Post 3+ Months Ago

For me the look is good theres nothing to change, but has something to be added its the tutorial it is very helpful especially to the newbie like me.
  • Digitelle
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: BRKLYN-NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I came to Ozzu a year and a half ago, when web design was my bread and butter. Since I have moved on to Entertainment Tech, I do a bit of design and programming here and there, but not nearly as much, so I don't run into as many problems needing answers from you guys.

I always felt Ozzu is a great source of information and wisdom for webdev, but I never really felt 'part of the community' I don't know if that is really the goal here, but for that reason I didn't stick around and hang out when there were no pressing cross-browser issues to deal with.

I remember that when I was new here, and I was just busting out of using Dreamweaver and starting to hand code without tables, I posted a site for review, and felt that the reviews were more scathing than helpful. Suggestions for how to make it more usable, rather than discussion of my horrible color scheme would have been much more welcome. But that is sort of out of BWM or the mods hands I guess.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand:

I would add tutorials, right off the bat, first page, for how to go about coding. I still can't get my head around php or javascript for that matter, and it would be astoundingly helpful to me.
  • farmer_Tom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • farmer_Tom
  • Loc: Oaklahoma

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, Ozzu is pretty awesome but...

I would change the 'signature' option in the profile to allow bold fonts and hyperlinks w/out HTML, {makes it easier for learning designers like me ;)}
  • dhoyin
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • dhoyin
  • Loc: west africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

in recent times i had serious trouble giving ozzu.com in most of the cybercafe i do my browsing. it was at a time i really needed some seroius advice on a project.so please i wish i could send a post to ozzu.com from my mail box and get reply.
  • northjersey78
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: New Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I actually don't mind the black skin to the forum. I would suggest at least an option of which skin to use, as I would probably choose to stick with this one.

Otherwise, I will agree with most people and say that tutorials/ projects would be great. I took a year's worth of courses in web design & e-commerce development but don't do much with it anymore. Having some of the pros around here post brief tutorials & perhaps some projects for people to work on would be great.

I would also like to see an expansion of some forums. I think an E-Commerce forum is necessary - the news/ info on Ebay, Amazon, etc... Perhaps a Yahoo or MSN forum within the Search Engine group?

That's all I got for now. I cheated and gave more than 1 thing I would like to see changed.
  • pramitroy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • pramitroy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
That's all I got for now. I cheated and gave more than 1 thing I would like to see changed.

Ya, I have given more than one choice too. We wish to have the permission of expressing at least two wishes. :)
  • Whoa666
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

YEAH MAN! Have an introduction of what this site does for individuals and you may get more people wanting to proceed and take a look at the content as the Forum is very dark and dull rite!

Also Flash and Animation and kool looking gif creating tutorials would be fantastic.
  • mozqito
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mozqito

Post 3+ Months Ago

As suzie said i also want to see some css style tutorials that would be fun to learn.
  • BaDD CoDeR
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

The reason I come here, and why I would frequent it even more often, is ability to get GOOD TECHNICAL ADVICE on OS/software issues, protection from spyware including those from MS and Sony, help removing viruses, and to a lesser degree, web page development and SEO. (Anything to not have to go to my genius brother for help as often. ;) ) The more I can learn here from people who seriously know what they are talking about (not just making it up), the more I will come. I would like to post sites here for help but so far I was too lame to do so.

One learning area PARTICULARLY important to me is help with PRIVACY ISSUES!!! I don't want MS or Sony or anyone tracking which CDs I listen to or put on an iPod!! I SERIOUSLY want help protecting my privacy!!!

One problem I have here is lack of patience waiting for a reply. So maybe we need to supply more coffee for the most knowledgable coders here to encourage them to be here more often. ;)

OTHER COMMENTS I COULDN'T RESIST (sorry :( ):
Current color is fine with me.
A loyalty program will probably make me even less likely to come here.
Tutorials would be great!!
Let us ask our own questions sometimes WITHOUT having to go to prior posts that are NOT always our same question, and let us do it without getting our heads bitten off, even if we are gingerbread. ;)
The mods here usually do a VERY good job and don't let flames get out of hand.
Thanks for the very well run site!!! :)
  • rtg
  • Born
  • Born
  • rtg
  • Loc: Geneva, Switzerland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Mr. bigwebmaster,

Thanks for the invitation despite my being not a fulltime Ozzu member. I am a "beggar" of technical information-this is the reason why I come to your site. :idea: I have read responses and comments from other members and I wish they would have the patience and be straightforward in providing solutions to seemingly "simple queries".
The webmaster can act as the officiating entity to improve the situation. You have a great site ! :) Keep it up :arrow:
  • liltman
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • liltman
  • Loc: England, Hartlepool, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, I know you wanted feedback so you could improve ozzu and I know what I am going to say won't help much but I seriously think there is nothing wrong with how it is now, I love ozzu, the site colours, the way it's being designed, the help is always great! and there are always friendly people here.

I used to be on here a lot more than I am now but that is not because of this interest, that is because I got a lot more busy since the times I was always on here, I mostly came on here in college to learn or look at the websites people where making while I was in college when they where teaching me the things that I didn't wanna know much about lol

there will be occasions when I use this, I just won't be on it as much as I used to, but the good thing about ozzu is it's like google, there is almost always an answer to be found here, be it already there or be it someone knows, you just have to ask :)

so I think everything is perfect here at ozzu and I hope it remains like that :)
  • tigerphp1
  • tigerphp1

Post 3+ Months Ago

Skin choices would be very nice: whites, blues, greens.... ahh, I can see a whole rainbow :)
Coding challenges would really rock, but other than that I love this site!!
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

lock threads after thirty 30-45 days of inactivity.
  • Kap-Vu
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Indianapolis, IN

Post 3+ Months Ago

i don't really have a problem with anything. it's very simle to navigate and find good forum post on here. but...

the only thing i would change is the whole layout. i would spice it by changing the colors and design. the color gets old after so many months of coming to the same site. but that's just my opinion.

-kapvu
  • wonderland
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: P.R.China

Post 3+ Months Ago

i'm so sorry that i haven't come here for a period...
anyway, thanks for the invatation...
if there's something to change, i think it should be a new board for FAQs...
do u think it's ok?
waiting for ur reply...
  • liltman
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • liltman
  • Loc: England, Hartlepool, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Kap-Vu wrote:
i don't really have a problem with anything. it's very simle to navigate and find good forum post on here. but...

the only thing i would change is the whole layout. i would spice it by changing the colors and design. the color gets old after so many months of coming to the same site. but that's just my opinion.

-kapvu

noooo lol

or if that happens let the users pick the profile they want to appear

cuz i love this layout and colour scheme :)
  • iOXeR
  • Student
  • Student
  • iOXeR

Post 3+ Months Ago

When using the google search part of the website, the font color of the input box is light gray and the background color is white making it very difficult to see. Hope this helps!

It looks like there are quite a few good suggestions already here. Good luck!
  • fRX
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't post that much here in ozzu but...one of the best aspect and traits that this site gives newbies, novice and pro's alike are the variety and vast sources of information (in terms of problems,codes,..etc). If perhaps you want to change or add something...Here are my list:

1- theme options...(stick on more dark themes like this one....current theme is a bit soothing in the eye...add more)

2- Mods and admins should work and help more on to encouraging newbies and exchange info from the pros....(no bad attititude...).....unity is the key

3 - create events,raffle draws, gimmicks, interactivity to the site

4 - add more codebanks, tutorials, downloadable goodies

5- FINALLY................
I or We(majority) wants to see OZZU to become not just a webmaster forum site but instead a much more bigger one...A site where not just forum postings but something that we could interact more and relate more onto (like blogs, email accounts,interactive chat room). Webmasters, Admins, Mods in ozzu? This is some task that u guys probably can do...(i know it's a bit ambitious but if this can be implemented...OZZU will ROCK.........) We could maybe donate some codes for the new modified OZZU if necessary...

Well....I think that's it 4now.....I'll leave it up to u guyz@OZZU..may god speed..

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 382 posts