If you could change one thing at Ozzu what would you change?

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Me personally feel very happy with this forum and don't realy want anything to be changed. I don't know if this is what you wanted posted here, but I feel happy with this forum and how it is and what's in it. :D
  • newbie_2005
  • newbie_2005

Post 3+ Months Ago

as a noobe i would really love tutorials, because you folks have had first hand experience, which is very invaluable, moreover such a thing will be much greater than books - it will be interactive (we could ask questions)
  • idodesign
  • Loc: In your dreams

Post 3+ Months Ago

maybe this has been suggested before, but...I realy want an option to choose my own forum skin. Dark skins is ok but this is too dark..maybe add some light gray would be nice :)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

idodesign wrote:
maybe this has been suggested before, but...I realy want an option to choose my own forum skin. Dark skins is ok but this is too dark..maybe add some light gray would be nice :)

Bigwebmaster is working on a lighter skin which will be the default, so yes, this will happen, and this existing theme will be available for members that like it to choose. Time of completion is currently unknown, but it is on the agenda and being worked on.
  • arianne
  • Born
  • Born
  • arianne

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am quite hapy with the site. Its really helpful to be able to look through posts. Some tutorials would be nice, and maybe the members of the site could submit tutorials that you could look through and put up just to ease the workload.

XX
  • Randomality
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Bathurst, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

For some time Ive had no quarms about Ozzu, however I have suggestion now, If in the programing forum if you could have a symbol in front of the topic title that says what prog language the topic is referin to...? that would be great
  • Roostbuster
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Durban

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its been such a loooooong time since I've posted last..Being in a tiny town in South Africa I get on the net maybe twice/three a month, if I'm lucky...but each time I have a query about web development I come to this site..The info here is invaluable to someone like me.

HOWEVER! The database does need cleaning...searching the forum gives me a whole bunch off goop i got to go through, before I can find the info I'm looking for.Maybe Ozzu should work on a from end that contains tutorials,code depository(not too sure I spelled that right) and info for the n00bie on Posting(i.e. do a search on the forum before you post the exact same question someone else did)..

Besided that Ozzu ROCKS :twisted: dont change the black theme...I'm suffering from arch eye with the whiteness of the net.LoL
  • dvduval
  • dvduval

Post 3+ Months Ago

For me, ozzu hurts my eyes after reading it for a while.
It would be nice if I could at least change templates in my profile.
  • a_gq_gentleman
  • Born
  • Born
  • a_gq_gentleman

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wish OZZU would show up more in google searches.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

a_gq_gentleman wrote:
I wish OZZU would show up more in google searches.

the more content you help add to the site the more it will show up
  • Janrocks
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: between

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can't think of anything I would change, I live in the dark -so black is nice...

Regards...
  • Involved
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: New York City\Metro Area

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is probably way too late to be considered, but it seems to me that it would benefit everyone -- especially newbies -- if there was a clearer way to know where to post and where to find posts/threads.

I sometimes am not sure whether to post in the General Discussion section or one of the specialized sections.

That said, I like your site and am very appreciative when I get constructive answers to questions and comments I put in my posts.
  • emcee_furnace
  • Born
  • Born
  • emcee_furnace

Post 3+ Months Ago

more color. i havn't been here in forever.
  • web21
  • Born
  • Born
  • web21

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

I am not really active because we have actually many projects to do from other freelance site. But sure I will check in the nest future and learn more what this site have to offer vs competition where we make business

the only thing I may have to saiy, is I'm not really feeling good with the colour scheme. Look like the old time on the web and where we done some adult project and when all (or most of them) had black frontapage. Just my personal idea, since you asked.

but the site have a good menu and this is the more improtant thing we gaev to our clients when time come to design or code their new website application.

Patrick
uandweb
  • JohnScott
  • JohnScott
  • Loc: Seattle/ Tokyo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Color - hard on the eyes. Otherwise, I think it's a nicely laid out forum. :)
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

vbulletin.
i know its a commercial product and it costs money, but lately ive been on one forums that uses it, and it just seems so much nicer than phpbb. not saying ozzu's bad, i just think it would be better if it were in vbulletin.
then i got to thinking about the pain it would be to migrate all the settings and customization you guys have been making @ ozzu over the years, and forgot about it.

i do however think a "rep" system like the one availiable to vbulletin is quite a unique feature and something that i would like to see implemented on this board.
  • darksat
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: London (via the rest of the world)

Post 3+ Months Ago

natural_angel33 wrote:
I haven't been here in a while because I felt too stupid to be here. I will agree with pervious comments about the mods. I was made to feel as though I were stupid, and was treated rudely. Sometimes it's hard to understand answers to questions when you really are new to a subject. This leads to more questions, and when those questions are made out to be "stupid questions" it tends to hurt one's feelings.

There is a clique on Ozzu. And if you don't belong, then you are just another Newbie.

This is true, some of the mods here can be very anal and up themselves.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

"Feeling stupid" means you don't know as much as you thought you did about a subject.
Get used to that feeling, it's part of learning & happens to everyone.
  • darksat
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
"Feeling stupid" means you don't know as much as you thought you did about a subject.

Er, I think what he is saying is that he posted a question and he got ripped on for not knowing the answer.

And the mods here can be just as stupid as anyone, if not more so.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would be interested to find out what it is about the moderators that makes you think that we are "more" stupid than anyone. We all have our areas of knowledge, nobody here would ever be criticized for posting a question and not knowing the answer.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The only time I think you might get "criticized" is if you ask a question like

Quote:
What is ____

With out any anything that shows us that you have already looked.
Most of the time we will just respond to a google search. No question is a dumb one.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

darksat wrote:
joebert wrote:

Er, I think what he is saying is that he posted a question and he got ripped on for not knowing the answer.

And the mods here can be just as stupid as anyone, if not more so.

No, you don't have any idea what they're trying to say, & frankly you don't care.
You feel like you've been treated unfairly by a moderator & you decided to come in here & let off some steam about it.

Why else would you bring up a 6+ month old topic & make a point in two posts to express your negative opinion about the moderators ?
  • darksat
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think thats obvious.
Yea I was treated unfairly by a Mod.
Yes I am letting off steam.
And this is the place to do it.
If I could change one think its the attitude by some of the Mods.
BWM is ok but some people here, especially the mods can be a bit unfair and irritating.
Its one of the reasons I dont come around here any more, and considering the drop in board activity since the last time I was posting regularly I am not the only one.
Now I understand that you have made thousands of posts so you feel like you have to defend your little online hangout, but judging by your post count and join date your the last person who knows what a noob feels like.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

What I find funny is prior to making your comment about the mods you had several posts removed. So your beef is you posted material that a mod deemed questionable and removed it and now you are upset. Boo-hoo!
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Part of the reason for the drop in "apparent activity" is I only post about half as much as I used to. That's about 3000 posts a year less for OZZU compounded by the number of replies they would generate. I would roughly estimate that's around 10,000 total posts OZZU will be short this year because I've been busy.

Not in an attempt to exaggerate the importance of one person to a community, but have you ever considered how huge OZZU would be if only 10% of our members posted at the rate I do. And I've only started 5% of OZZU's topics (a little over 900 of the 45,000 topics on the board, yet I'm over 16,000 total posts, the bulk of which are efforts to help someone. It would only take a very small percentage of our regular members to post at that rate to make OZZU extremely huge.

darksat - I do recall the problems from before. Let me say it's nice to have you back. Hope you stay and enjoy the place. In reference to a question you asked about the loss of SEO experts, indeed many of the most experience ones have been too busy with their real lives and are either no longer here or seldom here. The SEO boards are indeed in much need of someone much experienced and helpful with SEO. We are quite aware of this.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
but judging by your post count and join date your the last person who knows what a noob feels like

It's not that I don't know, I simply don't care.
  • neonitb
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Like in Digital point and V7n I would like Ozzu members(admin and moderators specially)to be allowed to give points to other members for posting High Quality Articles. That would determine the position of the member.
  • the3inetwork
  • Born
  • Born
  • the3inetwork
  • Loc: Oregon USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I placed my first project today, which is really important to me.

Now my project is active for 35 days, but I'm only allowed 15 bids on my project. :D

Now, no offense to anyone I haven't yet met. But what if a bunch of unqualified people
bid on my project none of which who actually could get the job done and just want my
money. Now my 15 bids would be used and I didn't find the programmer I'm looking for.

What happens if that occurs, am I out my time and effort to try to track down the right
programmer? :shock:

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

the3inetwork wrote:
I placed my first project today, which is really important to me.

Now my project is active for 35 days, but I'm only allowed 15 bids on my project. :D

Obviously you didn't place your first project here since this is your first post. As an employer you should know in advance what you are looking for. If the candidate doesn't meet the requirements don't hire them.
  • the3inetwork
  • Born
  • Born
  • the3inetwork
  • Loc: Oregon USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really don't mind a whole lot, how others treat me. Simply because if they treat me poorly they
clearly don't know me well or at all.

Quote:
Obviously you didn't place your first project here since this is your first post.

By the way, its so sweet to basically be called a liar. Obviously................

And this is my first project that I've chosen to get help with. If there was more of me and more time
in the day, I'd do it myself.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 382 posts