If you could change one thing at Ozzu what would you change?

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

the3inetwork, what are you talking about? You have not posted a project at OZZU.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• the3inetwork
  • Born
  • Born
  • the3inetwork
  • Loc: Oregon USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmmm,

Well my apologise big guy. From the look of GetAFreeLancer.com it
appeared as though this was a webmaster support forum for them.

But as it would begin to appear, is that ozzu is not associated in any way
with them. yes, no?

Anyways, have a good one....
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

no. OZZU is not connected with them. We are definitely not a support forum for them.
  • httpftp21
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • httpftp21

Post 3+ Months Ago

No,
Issues with color scheme this one is much better then the previous all black.

Need some answers to my post
  • r0bin
  • Loc: Wales, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

So uhhh.. Fixing the PM / Email notification would be good... Haven't visited this site in three / four years, and just got an email saying I had a new PM :P
  • murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

More themes....preferably dark themes...because the current dark theme still uses the light banner.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

murcielagossi wrote:
More themes....preferably dark themes...because the current dark theme still uses the light banner.

Actually, it's the light theme that is using the dark themes banner. Dark theme came out first.
  • Combatcoda
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Tx

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd change the fact that I didn't know about this site sooner. Lol, nah but for real... I'd change it to where there was a chat box to where every1 could chat at once.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Combatcoda wrote:
I'd change the fact that I didn't know about this site sooner. Lol, nah but for real... I'd change it to where there was a chat box to where every1 could chat at once.

You mean like an IRC? I thought this was good enough, all you have to do is refresh yourself and you have yourself an organized chat room ;)
  • murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Opps Bogey, the dark banner is what i meant...before (when I first found OZZU) it was only the dark theme, and still the best in my mind.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

murcielagossi wrote:
Opps Bogey, the dark banner is what i meant...before (when I first found OZZU) it was only the dark theme, and still the best in my mind.

Umm... you successfully confused me now :lol: care to explain? :oops: :cry: :lol:
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

r0bin wrote:
So uhhh.. Fixing the PM / Email notification would be good... Haven't visited this site in three / four years, and just got an email saying I had a new PM :P

It could may well be you received a Spam PM and by the time you logged on it was removed by Bigwebmaster, so it will have notified you of a PM but you wouldn't have received it because it was probably binned by the time you got around to logging on again.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'de like to be able to upload the image for my signature directly to the ozzu server(s) instead of having to put it into something like photobucket and link it to the image url over the internet. Doing the url thing for all other images is a good idea though, that way you don't have a terabyte of space filled with images for posts on threads.
  • murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey wrote:
Umm... you successfully confused me now :lol: care to explain? :oops: :cry: :lol:

I had meant that I like the dark theme and the light themes header is the same as the dark header. And the dark theme was all that was around when I first got here...and its still my favorite.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh :lol:
  • jtrageser
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: server23.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

I haven't been on here in a long time, still looks the same as it did years ago. Perhaps it's time for a new design. I like the layout it has now, perhaps some more new options for the users to choose from would be a good idea. Also, I'm not sure which version of phpBB this is, but if it's not the newest version, perhaps the script should be updated too. That's all for now. As I spend some more time around here I'll let you guys know if I notice anything else that could be improved.
  • glues4wood
  • Born
  • Born
  • glues4wood

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Bigwebmaster,

Haven't check the site out in a while
I tend to agree with the other members the color sceme is cool
how about the option for members to make some graphics for the site and you can store them on the site for others to use as custom themes

I also think there should also be some tutorials and members art section
so we could checkout each others work, would give us all an idea of each others skills

But other than that I'd say the site is cool keep up the good work !

glues4wood
  • psyche
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • psyche

Post 3+ Months Ago

For me as of ozzu is a no follow forum...hope it became do follow...lol...
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

What does that mean? :scratchhead:
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Pretty sure Bigweb has made it so backlinks don't get counted from Ozzu, or something like that.

I wouldn't hold my breathe on that being removed.. ever.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, indeed, if BWM enabled the follow on links, ATNO / WM would be black listed instantly with over 18,000 back links.

Also the main reason I've found for having the no follow is to reduce the amount of spammers.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Also the main reason I've found for having the no follow is to reduce the amount of spammers.

They say spammers see the source code of a page before the navigation.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

SpooF wrote:
ATNO / WM

Who?
  • psyche
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • psyche

Post 3+ Months Ago

SpooF wrote:
Yes, indeed, if BWM enabled the follow on links, ATNO / WM would be black listed instantly with over 18,000 back links.

Agree with that no follow is one of the step to avoid spamming...And I understand that well...I just said in my previous post that if ever I could change in Ozzu, I just want to make it do follow...that just me for the BL to be counted but I think that is too risky for the spammer...
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
SpooF wrote:
ATNO / WM

Who?

For some reason I took WebMaster as two words instead of one, forgot about the first part, true,

ATNO/TW
  • jameson5555
  • Bronze Robot
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm.. if I could change one thing...

I guess I'd like to see more board style options. They don't have to necessarily be from the CSS contest :wink: , but it would be nice to have something besides black or gray.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

1. I would like to see a new design to ozzu, or mabye more options to choose from as just the two options can get very boring. The logo is fine. I think mabye a new colour scheme would be great.

2. Staff: The staff are good at what they do. But there seems to be this line between staff and members. I think staff should learn to value members more and mabye take some time to stop using their power and lighten up a little. Sometimes it feels like ozzu is run like a buisness and not a online forum.

3. Arcade: I would love to see some kind of games arcade on ozzu for all members not just premium members.

4. I would like to see some more smiles.

5. Flash in our sigs.
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

penguin wrote:
5. Flash in our sigs.

Please God Noooooooooo!!!!!

and why no silly pills penguin?
  • Reflections
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all,

Its good that Ozzu is changing.
The black banner on the top should be changed to another color like blue etc. which will give Ozzu a new appearance.
  • mooseye
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mooseye

Post 3+ Months Ago

I didn't read the entire 24 pages of suggestions, so if this is a repeat forgive me.

I would like to see a requirement to post a follow up from the original poster of a help question. You know, did this help or which suggestion solved your problem.
Maybe make it so if you didn't follow up, then you could not ask/post again until you do. I suppose this would be difficult to implement. Probably have to fall to the moderators.
I don't recall seeing this on any board. I think it would benefit all members and viewers in finding solutions and answers that work and avoiding repeat questions and people trying things that do not produce desirable results.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 382 posts