If you could change one thing at Ozzu what would you change?

• voodoo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • voodoo
  • Loc: egypt

Post 3+ Months Ago

i want to change the colors scheme
  • egranville
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: The Netherlands

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd have to go with 'this213' on this one....

1. Add tutorials (indicating THE way to do things)
2. Add a F.A.Q. (I would certainly use it before posting a question)
3. Don't ever remove the default black (even if new themes are added). That would be like telling the apple corp. to stop using white for their products...can you imagine the whole line of apple products in cyan or magenta....that would be nasty :shock: !! (not that I think you were intending to do that :D )
  • povidiu
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Oradea

Post 3+ Months Ago

I will like to change the color scheme

Ovi
  • DodgeCroft
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the reason why people are attracted to Ozzu initially is the simplicity and the helpfulness. I participate in a few of the threads but it gets to the point where I've learn what I wanted to learn. I've done my time helping others and answering questions posted by newer users, but what would interest me more is hearing more about the issues that the more experienced members have. If I browse through the forum and something catches my eye I'll read it and try to contribute. I feel the reason the more experienced members don't post their questions is because the response may be poor and a waste of time.

Guess what I want to see are some ground breaking questions and responses. This only relates to the sections that interest me and this may not be the case in others.

But overall I enjoy the forum, top class members!
  • vasam
  • vasam

Post 3+ Months Ago

I do not like logo...
I like dragon, but I do not like OZZU font...
  • Big Bill
  • Loc: surrey, uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
If you are not a very active member at ozzu it would be most helpful if you could really give your feedback. Maybe explain what would make you more active at ozzu if something was changed.

More hours in the day! I'm busy busy busy!

BB
  • mrken
  • Loc: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

The colour of the background.

My eyes strain when adjusting to a dark background with light text from a light background with dark text.

I usually have multiple windows open, most of which are black text on white background.

I guess I have used up my suggestions. :P
  • lsblogs
  • lsblogs
  • Loc: uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

totally forgot the forum existed to be honest!

Colour scheme is to dark for my liking, maybe offer a choice of skins for users.....

Other than that, the reminder email about this thread rocked, I liked that, it was a non spammy way of getting people back to comment.

My memory sucks, and I have that many forums I have posted in, I often forget which ones I posted in sometimes! So I love emails like that, that remind me.
  • tulip4heaven
  • Born
  • Born
  • tulip4heaven
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would like to change color sceme

Thank
  • smo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • smo
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

I left because my interest / area to focus have changed. I started as a PHP MySQL programmer. My interest now is on SEO and selling / exchanging banners and links. I have one good site and in the process of developing few more.

I am active in the forums where I get opportunity to post my buy or sell requests for my banners & links, exchange business ideas, offer services and discuss on hosting plans.

To me this forum is for tech people only.

A trading zone or market place for webmasters is what is missing here.
  • JLM
  • JLM
  • Loc: Oxford

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

Started reading some of this thread, and noted that Tutorials was mentioned. If you get a tutorial section please make sure that it is well referenced (ie see actionscript.org) My interests are mainly flash related since this forum is more general I only visit occasionally. But if you require a tutorial on any aspect of flash AS1,AS2 flash8 or swishMax, I am always happy to contribute to the Open source comunity, but I would want to do it on something that was in demand by some of your members and would not consider just doing one for the sake of it.

Good Luck with any changes you will make, my main suggestion is a monthly new letter with examples, tutorials, and highlight threads.

I must admit I have not looked at your flash section for awhile I will give it a look later today.

JLM
  • Beren
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Beren
  • Loc: Lost in Wilderland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Change the appearance... it just looks and feels php bb all over... a webmaster forum should at least set an example!
  • luckystrike
  • luckystrike

Post 3+ Months Ago

well the forum is doing great i think just add more tech info on pc problems but overall the mods are doing good.
  • yoyo
  • Born
  • Born
  • yoyo

Post 3+ Months Ago

More Board Styles

I like:
something easily to read...
white & light gray background
black text...
  • multiplayeren
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • multiplayeren

Post 3+ Months Ago

A lighter style
  • puKKa
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm..
Remove the banners, but that is not to likly to accur since ozzu needs money so:
Remove the fading of thread text when rolling over, old computers buggs it and it lags on my old ^_^
  • houndour
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • houndour
  • Loc: Surrey, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm a web developer and I use this site to help me when I'm absolutely stuck at work and have noone to ask in the office. More often than not the site has helped me out. But I don't use it as an everyday forum.

I like the colour scheme (I notice a lot of people have mentioned it as one thing they'd like changing). But added some extra choices wouldnt hurt. I guess white on black isn't everyones cup of tea.

I would like some stickys. Or some kind of FAQ area thats easily searchable. But this forum covers all aspects of computers that that would be hard to do.

Otherwise I like the site and I do come here after I can't find an answer on google or from my work mates.
  • summerwu
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • summerwu

Post 3+ Months Ago

i wish ozzu add open source comment, and then we can talk them, and become more skilled
  • nickybangkok
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Bangkok

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am in this forum since July 2005 i find it really good.
Ozzu has got one of the best intellegent expertise network.

thank you
  • heather valentine
  • heather valentine
  • Loc: Not Far

Post 3+ Months Ago

maybe add an embed into the page a quick suport live help client
  • atrix
  • Born
  • Born
  • atrix

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like this forum a lot, theres really nothing much that I can think of need changes. But if I would of to say one, it probably be step by step guides for more various programming.
  • kooshin.com
  • kooshin.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

well it will be the skin and general site design that is what i tihnk and also maybe converting the forums to something like mybb or vb :)
  • skakid
  • Born
  • Born
  • skakid
  • Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow, I forgot about this site... haven't had an email from it in years it seems like, so I really don't know what to change, I should start coming back to it though.
  • com_craze
  • Born
  • Born
  • com_craze

Post 3+ Months Ago

maybe add the option of changing the layout just like those who use invision powerboard.
  • barry
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would just like to say that the forum should have an age limit and be specific in what i allows in the way of language

i posted a good few messages in this forum up tillnow

AGES ago i was reading a post about a boy band , and being me and hating all things with a hollyoaks haircut i posted back a message with my views (not to every ones taste )

I got almost banned for it
s0 my point is dont allow people to post items like this in the first place

This is a web design and developement forum and not for children getting **** off about whos hot and whos not on top of the bloody pops

:twisted:
  • dannybedor
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • dannybedor

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you have Web Hosting Forum topic then you should be add Domain Name Forum topic. But you should make some rules to prevent users posting a domain for sale or promotion for themself.

Long live Ozzu. :D
  • ShapeShifter
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

that would be the smileys..
sorry to say that - but those big-faced smileys are ugly...
otherwise I love this forum.. it's got everything!
  • 5N4K3
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

No complaints from me, but I would love to see a "Networking" or "Protocol" forum or sub-forum added.
Networking and Web design go hand in hand in my world.
I think it would cover a large range of topics that arn't discussed that much here, and should be, in my opinion.

I also support the suggestions of adding an area for tutorials, and mIRC channel. (I'd love to make some tutorials too)

EDIT: I like the color / template as it is. I work in dark areas a lot of the time, light colors would kill my eyes.
  • Ralle
  • Student
  • Student
  • Ralle

Post 3+ Months Ago

- Ozzu is a cool site. I just hate the design, so dark and badmooded.. Please make your own (I read your interests) you are a web designer. Make some really cool and uniqe
- Get some content! This site needs it. You don't even have to write it yourself just take your users content and print it on some pages. Like tutorials, make a Knowledge base (there is a mod for this) for tutorials for everything. Also make a more interesting profile, maybe a blog about yourself.
  • Malachim
  • Born
  • Born
  • Malachim
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nope, site works for me, I just don't have nearly enough hours in the day... :shock:

Seems slow serving pages mind.

Ooooh, spellcheck too. Never noticed that before. Nice touch!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 382 posts