You Need to Allow Signatures

• 995sunglasses
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Most webmaster forums allow signatures, most webmasters will not contribute to a forum if they can't even get a signature in their post. My recommendation to you would be to allow forum signatures. This is considered giving a little back to the user that is spending time on your site. Normally a 3 line maximum signature is allowed on 99% of webmaster forums. It's not considered spam and it's not too much to ask!.

Also asking webmasters to pay to upgrade their forum status on a webmaster forum is unheard of. You can do what you want with your own forum I am not trying to tell you how to run it but I highly doubt that webmasters are going to pay to upgrade their access or membership on a webmaster forum when you have forums like digitalpoint and 10's of thousands of others that don't charge for memberships.

My biggest thing here is the signatures. I came here to contribute, but have not been in lately because I only contribute on forums that allow me to use a signature in my posts. You may notice a run off or slight decline in the use of your forums simply by limiting members and not allowing them to do things would be a good indication of why the forum is suffering. Getting many registered accounts with nobody returning is another good indication.

I only make these recommendations because I used to run a webmaster forum so I hope you consider the advice.

Thanks for allowing me to leave it.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

We do allow signatures. You just have to meet the minimum requirements to have them.

announcements-rules/new-signature-and-link-restrictions-t99872.html

As far as the upgrade it's an optional choice that quite a few members have taken advantage of.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Where is it added? I don't see it in the control panel.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don2007,

When you goto the control panel goto:

Profile->Edit Signature

and you can add or edit your signature there. Let me know if you have any issues accessing that area.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts