Amsn

• xer0
  • xer0
  • Loc: necro paradise

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, just got redhat 9.0 running. Ive used Amsn before on redhat 7.1 but now, it wont work on 9.0. Anyone knows how to install it correctly? Ive got lots of friends in my buddy list, I still can talk to them when im on windows but, id like to use Amsn, or any kind of program that lets me chat to people already on my msnm buddy list. I can still talk to them while im on windows but, since Ill be using linux more than windows, id like to use Amsn.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• xer0
  • xer0

Post 3+ Months Ago

...Ok
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Doesn't seem like many use Amsn here. I have never heard of it until now. On Redhat 9.0 are you getting errors when you try to run it? What seems to be the problem?
  • xer0
  • xer0

Post 3+ Months Ago

Amsn should be started with ./amsn so i type it and the programs opens and everything... But when I click where it says ¨Cleck here to sign in¨ The program closes and I get an error that says ¨Segmentation Fault¨ :?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Did you compile the script on your computer? (like using make, make install) or did you install it using a RPM?

Does the program say what versions of Redhat it supports?
  • xer0
  • xer0

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nevermind man, I tryed downloading some tcl/tk rpm's that some dude at the amsn's website said I should download if i wanted to use it on redhat 9. But, it still wont work so... :? Thanks for your help anyways, I apreciate it :D
  • tierra
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

You may want to try gaim. It should come with the MSN module but you need to go into configuration and add it. Also, if you don't mind a console app, try LMME, it's surprisingly nice (I used it for the longest time when I had to SSH into my home box from the University).
  • xer0
  • xer0

Post 3+ Months Ago

I played around with Gaim and got msn working. I just had to install the plugin, duh!
Thanks for all the help anyways guys.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts