Best Linux Hacking/Security Distributer?

• D00M
  • Born
  • Born
  • D00M

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey iam wondering which is the best LINUX OS for Hacking/Security, Many people told me that slackware was the one and some other ones told me Gentoo... So can anyone help me out?
  • james7047
  • Born
  • Born
  • james7047
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I found knoppix-std quite interesting. http://www.knoppix-std.org
  • ilyawizard
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ilyawizard

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is there any manual for hacking? :) I never hacked, so can anyone help me out what to start with?
  • james7047
  • Born
  • Born
  • james7047
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

:roll:
  • aeon
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would read the gcc man pages
  • shevegen
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • shevegen

Post 3+ Months Ago

I personally like OpenBSD but i am not entirely sure if you can count it to the LINUX sector... more to UNIX clones or?

Anyway, i believe any Linux with a high security default is good vs. hacking.
Debian runs a very solid base code. I currently use SID/Experimental.

If you want to hack on a System (hmm its cracking or? well let me call it INFILTRATE that is a lot better... hehehe sounds like a trojan virus ), i think you will need to dive into the LFS or Gentoo stuff. First, it gives you a better understanding of things, second see the first point, and last but not least if you have read so much you will certainly read much more about webservers, ports,routing and iptables.

Well not much first hand info here from my side because I was too bored with it quickly.
Personally i found this info boring, i preferred to CODE AND CREATE :>
  • Cii
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Cii
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

if you havent played with linux for a while, i'd suggest that you try that out before you dive into what you are planning to get into. like shevegen said, it can be very boring; so if you dont have a proper background (and by that i mean you have to know that it worked in the first place before you can be interested in how it worked) you'll be ..... bored. after that, it would be almost calm waters.
I'd suggest gentoo as well because it's not a "i clicked and it happened" distro, It's very stable, you have to work at it to get it working and should be exacly what you are looking for.

PS: learning a language wouldnt hurt either
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Discussion on the circumventation of security measures is not allowed on Ozzu. If you feel that this post was meant to discuss hacking in the pre "133t" technology world where it was defined as a form of programming by "hacking" and "slashing" peices of code together then feel free to PM me. Otherwise this discussion is done.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts