bsd firewall steam help

• Artplay
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Netherlands

Post 3+ Months Ago

Could anyone tell me how I can allow steam trough my rc.firewall I'm running on a freebsd-server???? :?: I bought hl2 recently and I want to play online, thats why I bought it :oops: , but I tried to search for games in steam and it told me steam couldn't contact the master games server to retrieve the server list. Wich makes sense because I'm behind an rc.firewall installed on the server. So then I allowed some of the ip's to contact it. And it worked, I could see a lot of servers (not all though). But as soon as I tried to join one the ping would go up from 26 till 2000 and steam won't join any, it just displays server information but it won't join.... at all the servers.... The logical thing to do is to allow more, or a small range, BUT steam has a very wide range between the numbers :S and not just last.... I'm not that good with connections and stuff(so don't even try correcting things i say wrong :)), but I figured some one here on ozzu might know what to do?! :?: ??! :!: ?! :?: I would sure be glad if some one could help me out with this problem! thank you for your time :D

cheers
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just out of curiosity, who owns the firewall? :) Presumably, ifyou set it up, you would know how to permit required traffic. So the question begs, if this is not your firewall, who owns it? A subsequent question might be, if it is not yours, should be show you how to open it up? :)

Just doing some due diligence.

Cheers.
  • Artplay
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Netherlands

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL, so wouldn't it make sense if my dad owns it!?!? but it is his first server ever, same for bsd and rc.firewall................But anyway, it's not "my" server and you guys should definitly show me how to open it up :?
I'ts not like I want to play hl2 Dm or CS:S illegally by opening some port on SOMEBODY else his fire wall L0L..
but anywayz ty for your time

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts