Be careful if you install Linux Fedora Core 3 at work....

• Anonymous_coward
  • Student
  • Student
  • Anonymous_coward
  • Loc: A Cold Wet England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well this made us laugh. Its just a good job our MD wasn't walking past my desk at the time.

I installed Fedora core 3 at work on Friday on one of the spare machines that acts as a packet sniffer and network monitor and general testing box. It sits on the desk beside my main machine and spends most of its time displaying its screensaver. The screen saver is set to random so when the screensaver turns on it will pick a random screensaver from the 100 or so that are installed by default.

I'm coding away at something on my main pc when the guy sitting next to me asks me what the hell am I running on the test machine. which is now displaying a large picture of Hitler and a smaller picture of a couple of naked ladies. Turns out one of the screen savers is called web collage and downloads random pictures off the internet. The internet being the internet I've wisely decided to remove that particular screensaver from the list to avoid any further embarrassment to myself.

in case your interested you can find more information at

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=142256

cheers

Chris
  • horkam
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Central, KY

Post 3+ Months Ago

:rofl:

That has to be the funniest thing I have heard in quite sometime, thanks for the headsup and the laugh!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts