DNS? Or something else?

• jjfletch
  • Born
  • Born
  • jjfletch

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I didn't really know where to post this, but since my server is Unix-based, I thought I'd try here. I recently nameserved one of my domains, but am unable to access it. At first, I thought it just needed to propagate through the system, however, I am even unable to access it when I type the IP address directly into my browser. Stranger still, I am able to access my Plesk interface, which is accessed by typing in the IP followed by : port.

Does anyone know what the problem could be and how to fix it? The hacks at the company where my server is located apparently don't know what to do.

HELP!!

Thanks.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow. This is really lacking a ton of information, and the things that are included are at times confusing.

You built a DNS resolver and began running named services for a domain, which you have control of.

First and foremost, not being able to hit it by IP has nothing to do with DNS; DNS is just the name resolution, so it seems you may have more than one issue.

If you do a dig or an nslookup on your host.domain name, does it show your name server as primary? (What is the domain and the host? i.e. http://www.yourdomain.com)

There are so many ways in which a named box could have problems, you're going to have to be more specific.
Also, what version of bind are you running?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts