Does anyone have an link for Suse Linux??

• dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loc: Dallas, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey everyone

Does anyone have an link to download Suse Linux or Mandrake Linux?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Suse Linux mirrors: http://www.suse.com/us/private/download ... rrors.html

Mandrake Linux: http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/ftp.php3

Mandrake Linux Screenshots: http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/fscreenshots.php3
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Bigwebmaster. How is it going??

Does all different types of Linux has MS-DOS bulit in it? I know when i'm installing linux. I have to install the boot loader. In my case it would be Grub boot loader. I think but i'm not sure, Does the boot loader installs it to the MBR? What ever drive i'm installing linux to, is the MBR on that drive? or what drive is the MBR is on?

Thanks
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

The MBR (Master Boot Record) I believe would reside on one drive, if you had multipe drives, and it would reside on the one responsible for booting up your computer. When you install Linux it should ask you about configuring the boot loader for which it will also ask about the MBR. You shouldn't have to do anything else unless you install Windows after Linux which would probably mess up your MBR (as windows would overwrite it) and you would have to reconfigure it. That is why I just recommend installing Windows first, and then Linux second, since Linux gives you the option to just boot right to Microsoft Windows if you want. (You could also make Microsoft Windows the default)
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the information

yeah i agree. I have step by step instructions here on how to dual boot. They say the same thing you told me install windows first.
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's the C drive boot up my computer. I have mutiple partitions. 5 Logical drives in Extended DOS partition. Well anyway, I'm thinking about setting up a mutiple boot using windows XP, Suse Linux and Redhat Linux but i'm not sure yet. I'm still downloading Redhat. I know windows XP would come first in a mutiple boot. What would come next? Suse or Redhat? :lol:

later
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

What ever order you want. You could make one of the Linux O/S the default Operatin system if you wanted, its all up to you. You would just configure LILO or whatever boot loader you use to setup your default. When the computer boots it will give you the option to pick what O/S you want to load and if you don't pick one by a certain time limit, it simply goes to the one you have set as the default.
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really have a question for Bigwebmaster

If i decided to download Suse Linux and set it up as a mutiple dual boot. If i was going to use GRUB boot loader for Redhat. What boot loader should i use for Suse Linux? or since i'm using a boot loader for redhat, Will i need a boot loader for Suse Linux? I was alway going to leave windows XP default or unless i get an newer version then XP. Well, if you know what i mean about the boot loader. Why should i use two boot loaders when i only really need one? That's a really good question i think.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Out of all the O/S's you install there will be only one boot loader managing everything and most likely it will be from the last O/S that you install.

Second, I am not sure why this question is really only for me. If anybody else knows the answer they should be able to answer as well. Please do not say "I really have a question for Bigwebmaster" as it pretty much keeps anybody else from responding. I want to help, but if everybody does that then the whole point of this forum is ruined-- where my goal is to have everyone help everyone, not just me helping everyone.
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

My download with Redhat was completed today. When i start Redhat there is something like this comes up after i hit the Disk Druid. dev/hda. I'm not sure is that the exact i was getting. Well any anyway, I think there was about 6 dev/hda. I wanted Redhat on drive D. Which one should i put it on. I wanted to use Disk Druid for my partiton with Linux. I don't understand how the partiton works with linux. Can someone help me? I wanted to try to install linux today. If i do get any messages i will post it here. Someone please help me. I'm haveing trouble with this.

Thanks
  • ugh
  • ugh
  • Loc: Planet Earth, I hope.

Post 3+ Months Ago

People like you really annoy me.
Why don't you *READ* the wide range of resources available, all you need to do is use common sense and search on Google. Relying on others ends up in bad, insecure platforms.

Try and help yourself, if you cannot find the info, then ask. Linux is not Windows, people will not spoon-feed you.
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

people like you really piss me off
  • dsantamassino12
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • dsantamassino12

Post 3+ Months Ago

What's up Bigwebmaster?? How is it going??

I'm getting this error message.

The following critical errors exist with your requested partitioning scheme.

You have not defined a root partition (/), which is required for installation of Redhat Linux to continue.

These errors must be corrected prior to continuing your install of Redhat.

Someone please help me excepted for that one guy??
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

You are now way off topic. The topic is:

"Does anyone have an link for Suse Linux??"

This thread is now locked. If you wish to start new topics for different issues then go right ahead and we can address them there.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts