Fedora Core 5 And Samba

• Bgnn32
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Bgnn32
  • Loc: Western Mass

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have installed Fedora Core 5 on one of my PC's I also have Samba installed, the Samba Server is set up with Share access so it dosen't ask for a User or Password when I browse to it from a Windows, and I can browse to it fine. The problem is when I try to add files to any one of the shares I have set up I get an access denied message. The Share is set with read/write access and is open to anyone. In trouble shooting I turned off the firewall to make sure that wasn't the problem and I made sure smb was running, any ideas?

also kinda related, I can't telnet to the computer, not sure what I need to set up for that.
  • PsyckBoy
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • PsyckBoy
  • Loc: SoCal

Post 3+ Months Ago

On the linux box, try giving world write permissions to the directory being shared, "chmod o+w /path/to/shared/directory". This is not an ideal setup, but it will indicate whether or not permissions are the problem. You may need to restart Samba.

Telnet is likely not enabled on your linux box, nor should it be. SSH replaced telnet long ago. Try connecting with putty (an ssh client for Windows) instead.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts