HELP: CPanel - SquirrelMail - Group Email List?

• ursula74
  • Born
  • Born
  • ursula74
  • Loc: DFW, TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

The host I use (http://www.ankahost.com) for my organization's website uses cPanel. They offer SquirrelMail. I've not been able to get much useful help from either of these groups concerning my question.

Formerly, my organization used Yahoo!Groups. Our members were able to send emails to fynpride@groups.yahoo.com and email would be sent to every members' personal email address. (i.e.) If JaneDoe sent out an email from her yahoo mail to everyone@getsomepride.org - she'd want that email to go to every single user in getsomepride.org's address book.

I'm sure you understand what I'm explaining here - however, I'm still sloooow with all this. I don't want my users to have to log on to our website to send and receive emails...but rather, be able to send it from THEIR email interface (yahoo, hotmail, outlook, etc) to ONE single address (everyone@getsomepride.org) and have it go to multiple people.

All Ankahost could give me was this:

Hi,

This is not possible pre-installed.You can find on hotscripts.com

Regards

I went to hotscripts but I have no idea what I'm searching for or if this is even possible. Am I going to have create an email account for every single address of members and have it fwded to their email (yahoo/hotmail/etc).

Moreover, I need something free, as we're a non-profit org.
:? ~Ursula
ursula_74@yahoo.com
  • skittles239
  • Born
  • Born
  • skittles239

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try going to http://www.squirrelmail.org and see what you can find in the documentation 8)
  • ryanm
  • Born
  • Born
  • ryanm

Post 3+ Months Ago

ursula74 wrote:
I'm sure you understand what I'm explaining here - however, I'm still sloooow with all this. I don't want my users to have to log on to our website to send and receive emails...but rather, be able to send it from THEIR email interface (yahoo, hotmail, outlook, etc) to ONE single address (everyone@getsomepride.org) and have it go to multiple people.

The obvious answer in my mind is to set up a forwarder...

Click Mail
Click Forwarders
Click Add Forwarder
Type "everyone" in the first field
Choose the domain if you have more than one
Type the address of yahoo group to forward it to (fynpride@groups.yahoo.com from above)
Click Add Forwarder

Now all email to everyone@getsomepride.org will be forwarded to fynpride@groups.yahoo.com. You can also add a second entry using exactly the same procedure to forward it to a mailbox on the system for archival if you like. Just change the second field.

*EDIT* LOL I just realized the date was 2004! I'm sure you probably figured it out by now... oh well, if not, maybe this helps.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts