help in fedora with wireless card

• bodom321
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bodom321

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi guys, there is only one think that keeps me coming back to use windows and that is my wireless card (actually the driver lol) i have read many tutorials about getting the firware and drivers for my wireless card but i have not achieve that goal.

i have a laptop (inspiron 1521) and here is the info about b y card:
dmesg | grep b43
b43-phy0: Broadcom 4311 WLAN found
b43-phy0 debug: Found PHY: Analog 4, Type 2, Revision 8
b43-phy0 debug: Found Radio: Manuf 0x17F, Version 0x2050, Revision 2

i went to linuxwireless.org and they don;t show the firware for my card; however, i went to the fedora forum and there was a guy that said he downloaded the driver from there and it worked.

please if you know how i can get my wireless card to work in fedora 8 let me know, the video card is another issue, but i can handle it, but the wireless card is a really annoying issue that i can;t get to work.

hoh by the way, i have use ndiswrapper in ubuntu not in fedora, but i didn;t get my wireless card to work in ubuntu either even with ndiswrapper, for i kept using the same driver even when i blacklisted the default driver. Therefore if you suggest i use ndiswrapper please tell me how to do that in details so i can see what i did wrong when i used to use ubuntu
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use FreeBSD so Linux may be different but if I saw the card in dmesg, then I would run:
dhclient b43-phy0 to get an IP address.

I don't know if the command is the same in Linux.
  • thevali
  • thevali

Post 3+ Months Ago

take the kernel from livna repository and you should have the driver embeded.
Best is to update your yum repos to use livna repository then run yum update....

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts