hmmm........weird

• Theoneandonly
  • Student
  • Student
  • Theoneandonly

Post 3+ Months Ago

i'm using slackware 10 my problem is when ever i boot in the middle of the loading, it says "4906 days has gone from last check. check forced." Then it starts to check dev/hda1/: the problem is that this take about 5 minutes.

I think it has to do with my bios battery, but the thing is i didn't have this problem with Suse and Red Hat.

If it is the battery, is there a way to check without having to change it?
  • Jazzy
  • Student
  • Student
  • Jazzy
  • Loc: Brussels

Post 3+ Months Ago

ah i would look at the bios for this, as your already booting.

I can't think of nything right away, just one quick thing i'm thinking tho is that pehaps your date is set wrong so he thinks a lot of time has passed while that is not true

Open a console and type date and see chat the outcome. most likey t will not be that but is worth a try.
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, a forced check is an fsck, which explains why it runs so long. Has it ever completed? You may want to umount the filesystem and run fsck yourself. Then reboot -- course you have to do that from single user mode. :)

I would think that if the battery was going it might revert to the epoch, however I suppose there could be a default state for the time/date.

If the fsck runs clean through, and you still have this error upon boot, something must be amiss with the date function.

Did this machine sit turned off for a long time?

;)

Tough one this is.

Cheers.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts