How to configure NFS on FREENAS machine

• Jagadeshan
  • Student
  • Student
  • Jagadeshan
  • Loc: india

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have install FreeNas latest version on my box and configure the ipaddress (172.16.0.100) subnetmask gateway and i access across the LAN browser via http:\\172.16.0.100 it open authendicated windows i gave user name and password i working successfully i want to know how to configure NFS on FreeNAS box any one help me. step by step.(already is there on my setup one fedora 7 box installed NFS so i will give fedora 7 ip address 172.16.0.133 can assign this address on freenas machine) please help i do'nt how configure NFS server on FREENAS machine any one help me.

• Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try this tutorial
Or this one might be better
  • wicky
  • Born
  • Born
  • wicky

Post 3+ Months Ago

I found couple of good videos and instructions about FreeNas here http://crazzycool.blogspot.com/2009/01/free-file-server-for-local-area-network.html

It is quite simple. It required only 96MB RAM and can install it in a USB or external memory card. It takes only couple of minutes to complete the installation. I just download the image and burn it to a CD and boot it from the CD. You can attached any file format, external storage.

Came cross small problem mounting a external hard drive. It keep on giving a error but no description or proper log. It was basically due to selecting the incorrect file type. It is always remember to check the file type before mounting the hard drive.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts