how to stop and start windows services from linux.

• ramakula@gmail.com
  • Born
  • Born
  • ramakula@gmail.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

how to stop and start windows services from linux remotely.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: /usr/src/MI

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.tightvnc.org
set up the server in windows and the client in linux.
you should be able to install it in linux from the system updater.
if not, theres a linux distributable on their website.
  • frezasaga
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • frezasaga

Post 3+ Months Ago

how it will happen.......windows doesnt support linux right so how that the server is windows and the client in linux i dont get it.........sory i am just a noob..........its much better to ask than nothing......right
  • dyefade
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

its.......only...........better.............ask.......if...........you.........did..........talk...........................the.....................*peach*...................................................................................................................................english!1!one!
  • vijayan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • vijayan
  • Loc: india

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

Hello AnarchY SI

frezasaga said is right.
may be is not possible windows support linux yes it possible when linux with windows.
Actually ramakula is asking how stop service in window through linux machine.

Vijayan
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: /usr/src/MI

Post 3+ Months Ago

<edit>
in response to frezasaga, the program is independent of the operating system. thats why theres a version of the program for each OS. but its similar to a web server..when you go to a website, the server thats giving you that site might be running linux but you're running windows. so the server and client are independent of the operating system, but dependent on each other. so as long as you have the vnc server running and the vnc client to connect to it, you're golden.
</edit>

vijayan wrote:
Hi

Hello AnarchY SI

frezasaga said is right.
may be is not possible windows support linux yes it possible when linux with windows.
Actually ramakula is asking how stop service in window through linux machine.

Vijayan

yea...i understand what he's trying to do. vnc will connect to vnc. it doesn't matter if you're using windows, linux, or macs. if you have the server installed on one pc and the client installed on the other, they'll connect to each other. i know this because i have it working on my computer. so just download and install the vnc program, including the server, on the windows pc. with the linux machine you can use the binary made for linux or the java viewer (which i'd suggest the linux binary over the java viewer), and you have connectivity. the vnc viewer creates a window when you connect which displays the desktop of the machine you've connected to. you can then do anything on that machine as if you were sitting in front of it. so you'd click start, run, services.msc, and then go about stopping or starting whatever services your little heart desired.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts