HPLIP

• AbbYone
  • Born
  • Born
  • AbbYone
  • Loc: BELGIUM

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I'n new to Linux and I've just installed Fedora Core 5 on my computer.
After searching a bit on the net I managed to install some features, hell, I even managed to get on the net !
Then I tried to handle the printer (HP PSC 1500). I managed to install it but it only prints. It has a scanner in it but now way that I can make it work.
Looking around on the net for the rest of the day I found out that I needed to instaal HPLIP. It has the default driver for printing build in it and supports scanning, imaging, etc ....
Lucky would I hav been if it worked from the first time. No way man, I can print (fortunately) but there's no way I can make it scan.
I looked a bit further and found out that HPLIP doesn't support HP PSC 1500.
Fire and damnation !
My question now is ... is there any other way to make the scanner in the HP PSC 1500 working ?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• this213
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: ./

Post 3+ Months Ago

AFAIK, you probably won't be able to get it to work by pressing the "Scan" button on the printer. However, if you open xsane (open a terminal in X and type in "xsane") it shouldn't have any problems scanning from it. What's more, it probably would have worked out of the box like this, I've never had to actually install HPLIP and I've never had a problem with HP printing or scanning under any distribution of Linux.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts